- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Final Cut Pro 4 Bible Paperback – 6 Feb 2004
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
If Final Cut Pro 4 can do it, you can do it too...
If you re serious about video editing, this book and Final Cut Pro 4 are the tools you need. The QuickStart tutorial lets you get your feet wet right away. If you already have some experience, dive right into organizing media, editing, color correcting, rendering, creating final output, and more. You ll learn all about video editing fundamentals, and you ll discover how Final Cut Pro 4 turns your Mac with OS X into a professional studio.
Inside, you ll find complete coverage of Final Cut Pro 4
- Understand the fundamentals of video editing and what makes a quality production
- Navigate the revised Final Cut Pro interface and customize the Preferences, Easy Setup, and Preset functions
- Capture and organize media and manage your projects with the Browser window
- Use media management tools, work with sound, and use Soundtrack, Apple s new sound editing application
- Animate text with LiveType and work with transitions
- Explore how Final Cut Pro 4 works with analog video in broadcast situations
- Use Final Cut Pro with Photoshop and After Effects®, and edit film with Cinema Tools
- Learn to troubleshoot Final Cut Pro 4
Bonus DVD includes
- All media required to complete the QuickStart tutorial
- Adobe® Photoshop®, After Effects®, and Illustrator® tryout versions
- Demo versions of Joe s Filters, Boris FX, Boris CONTINUUM COMPLETE, CGM DVE, and Aurora Sky, plus more
About the Author
Zed Saeed is the Senior Post Production Consultant at Digital Film Tree in Los Angeles; he specializes in editing, compositing, and workflow issues. Zed served as a senior post–production consultant for Apple Computer and Oxygen Media on Final Cut Pro and digital–video workflow design and with Media 100 and Adobe Systems on video–related products. He has also worked as an editor, producer, compositing artist, and broadcast designer for Showtime Channels, Sundance Channel, and ESPN Classics. Zed has written articles on digital media technologies for magazines and has served on the faculty of NYU Graduate School, Parsons School of Design, and New School University. Zed has written, produced, and edited videos that have received awards and recognition by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the American Film Institute.
J.J. Marshall lives in New York City, where he makes his living as a digital video editor, designer, teacher, and consultant. Most recently, he wrote the After Effects 5 Bible (published by Wiley) right after assisting with the development of a nationwide broadband news–on–demand network called The FeedRoom. Prior to that, J.J. helped introduce Oxygen Media to the joys of Final Cut Pro and After Effects while editing a weekly two–hour show. In addition to teaching Motion Graphics at the School of Visual Arts, his recent freelance efforts have included projects for the New York New Media Association (NYNMA), Avon, and the Center for Neurobiology and Behavior at Columbia University, as well as numerous documentary productions.
Jeffrey Chong is a freelance film and television editor who has worked in commercial production for the past 20 years. His passion for Macintosh computers and the do–it–yourself attitude of an auteur made him, almost by definition, a prime candidate for working with Apple s Final Cut Pro since its first release. He currently lives, works, and teaches in New York City.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I wish I would have read this years ago. I would have progressed much faster.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware > Macintosh
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering