- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Engine Testing: The Design, Building, Modification and Use of Powertrain Test Facilities Hardcover – 18 Apr 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'... if the use of paper had to be limited to vital engine books, this one would qualify for printing, hands down!'
'.. it should be a worthwhile investment for any company considering embarking on a testing project or an overhaul of its existing testing facilities.'
'goes deeply into the theory of both the engines themselves and the various test methods, as well as providing a vast amount of practical information on testing different types of power plant.
Marine Propulsion International
'..this is a well presented book which is packed with much useful information of a practical nature, but also dealing with fundamental theory of subjects involved. The book should be essential reading for anyone involved with engine testing, but it will also be a very useful work for any engineering undergraduate due to the coverage of the many individual topics brought together under the general heading of engine testing.'
About the Author
A.J. Martyr has held senior technical positions with several of the major test plant manufacturers and consultancy firms over the last 40 years. He is now Honorary Visiting Professor of Powertrain Engineering at Bradford University.
M.A.Plint died in November 1998, four days after the publication of the second edition and after a long and distinguished career in engineering and authoriship.
Top customer reviews
The 4th edition maintains its position as the leading text on this subject. It is an essential guide and standard text for those in Managerial and Academic domains, as well as those operating in positions specifying, designing, optimising or using test facilities.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Transport > Automotive
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering