- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: University of Massachusetts Press (31 Mar. 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0870238841
- ISBN-13: 978-0870238840
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 2.1 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,003,239 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Ecological City: Preserving and Restoring Urban Biodiversity Paperback – 31 Mar 1994
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This collection approaches the idea of 'sustainability' from a number of different, equally viable points of view and contains thought-provoking concepts that are illustrated or supported by data and specific examples. The world would be useful to several kinds of audiences: regional planners, local conservation commissions, ecologists who become involved in urban problems, and academics looking for concrete real-world examples to use in their teaching.--C. John Burke, Smith College
About the Author
Rutherford H. Platt is professor of geography at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Rowan A. Rowntree is research program leader for the study of forests and urbanization at the U.S. Forest Service's Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. Ecologist Pamela C. Muick is researching vegetation change in the urbanizing wildlands of California for the U. S. Forest Service's Northeastern Forest Experiment Station.
Top customer reviews
1. Perspectives on Nature in Cities.
2. Urbanization and Riparian/Aquatic Ecosystems.
3. Urbanisation and Terrestrial Ecosystems.
4. Collaborative Efforts.
Writers include Orie L. Loucks, Timothy Beatley, Annaliese Bischoff, Jack Ahern, Jestena Boughton and Raymond W. Prach.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Biodiversity
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning