- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Drama Handbook: A Guide to Reading Plays Paperback – 15 May 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Could be read with profit and pleasure by any theatregoer. (Steven Poole, The Guardian)
A good basic introduction for first year students to problems of reading plays as performance texts, i.e. reading theatrically. (Professor R. A. Cave, Royal Holloway)
About the Author
John Lennard teaches at the Universities of Cambridge and Notre Dame, and for the British American Drama Academy in London. He is the author of 'But I Digress' (1991), the best-selling 'The Poetry Handbook' (1996), and an on-line guide, 'Reading Contemporary Poetry' (2001). Mary Luckhurst is Lecturer in Modern Drama at the University of York. She is an award-winning playwright, and has worked as a director. She has edited 'The Creative Writing Handbook', 'On Directing' (2001), and 'On Acting' (forthcoming 2002) for Faber and Faber.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I ordered Lennard's Poetry Handbook hours after I'd received this text.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages > English as a Foreign Language > Literacy
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Stagecraft
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Drama & Dramatists
- Books > Reference > Publishing & Books > Books & Reading
- Books > Reference > Publishing & Books > Literacy
- Books > School Books