- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Dog Medicine: How My Dog Saved Me From Myself Paperback – 14 Jul 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A beautiful, soulful, insightful book that simply has to be your next must-read (Cheryl Strayed, bestselling author of Wild)
A heartfelt page-turner about depression and how dogs can save us from ourselves (Kirkus)
A stunning new memoir from Julie Barton explores the topics of severe depression and canine companionship as treatment in poignant and revealing language (Foreword Reviews)
Barton's story of her life with Bunker is truly moving, and provides heartwarming proof of the ability of pets to alter our lives for the better (San Francisco Book Review)
Read this book if you or someone you love is wrestling with depression. Read this book if you love dogs. Read this book if you want to remember what hope feels like. Just read this book (Susan Chernak McElroy, New York Times bestselling author of All My Relations: Living with Animals as Teachers and Healers)
Anyone who has ever loved a dog will relate to Julie Barton's Dog Medicine. This memoir is a heartfelt tribute to man's best friend (Elliott Holt, author of You Are One of Them)
If you've ever loved an animal; if you've ever hated or doubted yourself; if you've fought against darkness-then Julie Barton's memoir is your kind of medicine. (Ellen Lesser, author of The Shoplifter’s Apprentice and The Other Woman)
In this moving memoir, a chronically depressed young writer tells how her special bond with her dog Bunker saved her life.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Beware it makes you cry though!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Depression & Mental Health
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Cancer & Other Illnesses
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Depression
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets > Dogs
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals > Dogs & Wolves
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Animal Husbandry > Dogs