- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: New Generation Publishing (5 Jan. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0755202104
- ISBN-13: 978-0755202102
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 2.1 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,491,514 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Different Times Paperback – 5 Jan 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Moreover, by comparing the attitudes, values and beliefs of the past with those of the present, it should make the present period think carefully about the "usefulness" of many of the attitudes it now holds.
As the book states: only by understanding the past can we understand the present and know where we ought to be going.
On the entertaining side: the descriptions of the games that children played before the age of "sit and watch" television is a sheer delight
Also, I listened to Prime Minister Blair's recent speech about the difficulties concerning law and order in the present age. The book has a lot to say on this subject and the Prime Minister should order a copy.