- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Apress; 1st Corrected ed., Corr. 2nd printing edition (20 Sept. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1590595335
- ISBN-13: 978-1590595336
- Product Dimensions: 19.1 x 2.1 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (24 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
582,418 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #189 in Books > Computers & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce > Web Design > Website Design
- #587 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Web Design Applications
- #976 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- See Complete Table of Contents
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Jeremy Keith is a freelance Web Developer living and working on the south coast of England. He is speaking at this year's South by South-West Web Design Conference in the US.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
A lovely book which I find it hard to imagine having been written any better than it was.
The code examples are clearly explained, but I did feel it helped to have some background with CSS and PHP as the book dives right into function calls, object properties and the like - and yet does a good job of making these accessible.
If there's a weakness, I'd say it occasionally takes too long to make its point, e.g. going step by step through very similar code examples at times. From a reader's point of view, Jeremy's coding style seems quite perfectionist, showing successively better or neater ways to write a given piece of code - that's no bad thing though, and the rationale is always explained clearly.
This is a book that deserves a wider audience - the potential power of DOM scripting is awesome, and this will help people comfortable with basic scripting to make the leap to building more sophisticated, impressive and robust web applications.
Being efficient in XHTML and CSS i wanted to add something to these skills. This book did that. The DOM is something that i knew little about, after reading this book i now have a firm grasp of what can be done. Its not only how to use it, its the why and when that the author describes so fantastically well.
Everything is explained in detail without being patronising. The examples build and build to the final exercise where you put your new found knowledge to use. I couldn't wait to put the book down and go straight to my PC and use these techniques.
Probably the best book i have read and recommend the author to write many more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The first part of the book is one of the best coverages of the DOM. Second half less relevantPublished 18 months ago by Mark
This is simply the most lucid book on DOM scripting yet! I am not an Anorak and I don't normally read textbooks from cover to cover but this book was an exception. Read morePublished on 17 Mar. 2010 by K. Le Breton
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming