- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
The Culture of Knitting Paperback – 15 Aug 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
I gladly recommend this book not only to scholars working in visual and textile arts but also to those with interests in broad interdisciplinary treatments of culture. Turney covers a lot of ground, and the book offers copious photos as exemplars as well as thorough and thought-provoking analyses. THE Fascinating material! TLS A suberb example of contemporary cultural analysis ... Clear, comprehensive, imaginative, innovative, theoretically challenged and grounded. Whether you are interested in fashion, textiles, design, material culture, cultural analysis or Sociology, Turney's Culture of Knitting is a work that you owe it to yourself to read. Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture A must-read for erudite knitting addicts. Yarn Market News A thoughtful and insightful study on knitting in all its forms and socio-cultural impacts. Worn Through
About the Author
Joanne Turney is a Lecturer at the Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton, UK.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have read this book front to back many times and carry it with me all the time. Totally fascinating!Published 6 months ago by Sophie
I enjoyed reading the book, it contains a great deal of history on the craft and politics that surround knitting. Read morePublished on 29 Jun. 2010 by Ichameleon
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts > Textiles
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Printmaking
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies