- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd; illustrated edition edition (30 July 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0803984987
- ISBN-13: 978-0803984981
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 14 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,746,467 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2030 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Depression
- #4618 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- #4674 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- See Complete Table of Contents
Counselling for Depression (Counselling in Practice Series) Paperback – Illustrated, 30 Jul 1992
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I would thoroughly recommend this book to any other counsellor or psychotherapist. It is described on the back cover as 'outstanding', 'valuable' and an 'essential resource' and I would fully endorse all of these descriptions. I have been qualified for 10 years and have had extensive client experience, but feel I have gained so much from Gilbert's wisdom on this topic. It is excellent value for money and again I would recommend it to any practitioner. (The Independent Practitioner 2013-12-02)
This book takes the reader gently but thoroughly through the biopsychosocial processes that underpin depression. Excellent worksheets and information sheets are provided as appendices. [It] is a valuable resource for those who already work with depression and essential reading for those considering working in this field. (Therapy Today 2013-12-02)
Paul Gilbert provides the reader with a refreshingly wide-ranging, integrative and up-to-date understanding of the nature, assessment and treatment of depression. All psychological therapists will benefit from reading his important book. (Healthcare Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal 2013-12-02)
Paul Gilbert writes in a scholarly, yet accessible, style on the bio-psychosocial perspectives of depression. I agree with him that knowledge of such areas is crucial to being able to work effectively with people experiencing depression. (Nursing Standard, 5 star review 2013-12-02)
Psychotherapy and Counselling for Depression, Third Edition by the distinguished psychologist, Paul Gilbert, is an outstanding contribution to the field. I read this book with great enthusiasm and interest - and, I must acknowledge - admiration. Gilbert provides the reader with a wide-ranging, integrative and completely up-to-date understanding of the nature of depression. He effortlessly weaves together evolutionary theory, cognitive theory, behavioral models, neuropsychology, attachment, compassionate mind, and social cognition, to provide us with the most comprehensive understanding that you will find in any one book. In addition, he provides us with very practical examples of how to help our patients who suffer from this debilitating and demoralizing problem. This is a book I will turn to often and require our trainees to know and to use. We owe Professor Gilbert our gratitude for providing us with a book that is filled with intelligence and wisdom and - at the same time - is immensely practical in its message. All clinicians will benefit from reading this valuable book. (Robert L. Leahy 2013-12-02) --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Paul Gilbert is Professor of Psychology in the Mental Health Research Unit at Kingsway Hospital, Derby. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
An extremely helpful book for counseling depressive patients with a wide scope of ideas.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Recommended for my diploma course and I can see why. It is a very detailed book and very useful.Published 10 months ago by Michael Finan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Depression
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services