- Spiral-bound: 384 pages
- Publisher: Delmar Cengage Learning; Spi edition (10 Feb. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1439057176
- ISBN-13: 978-1439057179
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 23.5 x 26.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 466,974 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie Foundations Classic Recipes Spiral-bound – 10 Feb 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
I. Cookies (Biscuits) II. Cakes (Gateaux) III. Entremets? (Entremets) IV. Tarts? (Tartes) V. Desserts (Desserts VI. Bread and Pastries (Pain et Viennoiseries) VII. Ice Creams and Sorbets (Les Glaces et Les Sorbets) VIII. Recettes Regionale (Regional Recipes) IX. Other Preparations (Autres Preparations) X. Candies (Confiseries) XI. Chocolate (Chocolat) XII. International Patisserie (Patisserie Etrangere) XIII. Conversion Charts
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- I like the layout of each individual recipe on each page. It's clearly divided into Objectives, Necessary Equipment Needed and Portion Sizes.
- I like that there are important French words included within the text; it helps a great deal with my understanding of the language.
- I particularly like the little F.Y.I sections printed below the page of each recipe. I'm a bit of a stickler for general knowledge, and learning something new that's related to the recipe at hand helps round out the understanding of each dish prepared. Love this feature!
- I like that each recipe comes with a table of ingredients with quantities in both metric and U.S measures; makes my life a whole lot easier.
- Lovely glossy photos. Lovely division of recipes. Tasteful colour scheme. Appealing fonts and lettering.
What I DO NOT LIKE is the binding. GAH!! Everytime I flip a page it snags and I worry it's going to rip the page ... and this is just the first day I'm flipping through this book too. I just know that in a matter of months (if not weeks) pages are going to be falling out. That is my only complaint about this book. Am otherwise so very pleased with the content.
I cannot recommend this book to anyone just starting out, as I am really, with baking, as it would be very frustrating to try to work out what you are supposed to do about the missing ingredients.
This is a very poorly edited book, I am only sorry that the Cordon Bleu didn't see fit to issue an erratum to it, so that people could use it with confidence.
Link between Patisserie Foundations book.
I have tried to cook some and they were Yummy!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item is excellent for young old chefs and food lovers everywhere. It is easy to follow and yields good results every time. Read morePublished on 24 Nov. 2014 by Torch
This is wonderful, can't think of anything else to say really but thanks le cordon bleu for writing this bookPublished on 16 Sept. 2014 by BJT
absolutely gorgeous photos and the recipes are easy to followPublished on 11 Aug. 2014 by Simona Pencea
I love this book, and regularly make the peanut butter cookies, the Breton galets and the boudalaire tart thing with pears which is yummy. Read morePublished on 18 Mar. 2014 by Anniecan
Large numer of various recipes. Everything like in others LCB books explained very well. Interesting comments and stories about each recipe. Read morePublished on 10 Mar. 2014 by Marcin Bagsik
very good book, lovely illustrations, explanations, a lot of things are very useful, exactly what I wanted. Read morePublished on 26 Sept. 2013 by Max Kad
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Food & Drink > Entertaining & Special Occasions > Gourmet
- Books > Food & Drink > Food & Travel Writing
- Books > Food & Drink > National & International Cookery > French
- Books > Food & Drink > Wine & Winemaking
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry