- Paperback: 552 pages
- Publisher: Longman; 3 edition (7 Jan. 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0582316162
- ISBN-13: 978-0582316164
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 15.9 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
185,121 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #86 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Structural Engineering
- #283 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- #395 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- See Complete Table of Contents
Construction Technology Paperback – 7 Jan 1999
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Construction Technology provides a comprehensive introduction to every aspect of the technology of domestic low-rise construction, including elements of commercial construction, and the principal associated legislation.
Based on Construction Technology Volumes 1 and 2, this combined new edition has been updated in line with contemporary legislation and practice. In addition a substantial amount of new material has also been included in order to cover recent developments in technology affecting the construction industry. The style of the original books by Roy Chudley has been retained, avoiding lengthy descriptive passages and leaving the original diagrams to illustrate best practice and techniques.
This book covers the basic elements of substructure (site works, setting out and foundations) and superstructure (flooring and roofs, simple finishes, fittings and fixtures) as well as basic services such as water, gas electricity and drainage. It also considers low-rise framed industrial and commercial buildings.
* assumes no previous knowledge of the subject
* covers conventional methods of construction where everything is constructed on site
* presents a rational and logical progression of subjects which follows the construction sequence
* represents contemporary and established practice
* retains elements of historic practice for maintenance reference
* avoids lengthy descriptions by using detailed illustrations
* includes up-to-date references to current legislation and regulations, including the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994 and the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996
Construction Technology will be an essential text for all students coming to the subject for the first time, whether they are on GNVQ, BTEC HNC/D or degree programmes in construction or related topics. It will also be an ideal reference for students on construction crafts courses.
Roy Chudley was formerly a senior lecturer in building technology at Guildford Country College of Technology. Roger Greeno is a consultant, examiner and established author of many construction papers and publications, with extensive experience in further and higher education; he formerly lectured at the University of Portsmouth.
Top Customer Reviews
Very technical in nature but very good practical information,
This will prep you well for any degree course or lower rather well and effeciently.
Well worth the money guys and gals!!!
I would recommend this to anyone completing a construction related course or working towards there RICS APC.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good book in very clean condition and excellent service, thank you.Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great book for architecture student. Will keep it until I finish uni as it's very usefulPublished on 16 Sept. 2014 by Magdalena86
This book is completely amazing, as a first year studying Architectural Technology this has been my bible. Read morePublished on 7 Oct. 2011 by Maxcallaghan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Computing & Internet
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Structural Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering