- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
3D Computer Graphics: A Mathematical Introduction with OpenGL Hardcover – 19 May 2003
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'The rigorous exposition of much of the mathematics underlying computer graphics is a welcome achievement. Binding this with a guide to implementations in OpenGL makes for an outstanding resource, for teaching and for reference.' The Mathematical Gazette
'I really did find the topic introductions a pleasure to read. The author has a nice style of writing, and he is able to encapsulate an idea well, leaving you with some confidence of a general understanding. The selection of topics is a refreshing change from standard CG books … I would highly recommend this book to someone who teaches CG and would like to modernize his or her course.' Diane Hansford, Arizona State University
This textbook, first published in 2003, emphasises fundamentals and the mathematics underlying 3D computer graphics while also covering programming techniques using OpenGL, a platform-independent graphics programming environment. Topics include transformations and viewing, lighting and shading, ray tracing, radiosity, texture mapping and colour theory, and aspects of animation, including quaternions, orientation, and inverse kinematics.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Recommendation: use either the Red book and Superbible along with this book, you will be surprised how easy openGL would be. Apparently, I couldn't find any reason to take of one star. It's such a wonderful book. Thank you Dr. Samuel.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Geometry & Topology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Geometry