- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Commando to Captain-Generall, The Life of Brigadier Peter Young Hardcover – 15 Nov 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
four Army and Royal Marines Commando units comprising the Brigade. He was widely admired and respected as a first-class
professional Army officer and pioneer Commando leader. This book presents a most interesting and highly readable account not
only of his Commando career (during which he was highly decorated) but also of his subsequent experiences with the Arab Legion
in Jordan. He later founded the Sealed Knot re-enactment society, devoted to the re-creation of English Civil War battles, for
which many members of the public also remember him. Bryan Samain (author of 'Commando Men')
I have titled this, "almost complete" because I believe there would be a lot more to tell but for modesty and probably some censorship.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence