- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders Hardcover – 1 Jun 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"With his evidence-based, 'enhanced' treatment, Fairburn takes CBT to a new level. This book is written explicitly for clinicians, who will find the clearly written, practical guidance invaluable. Of particular interest are the authoritative description of the psychopathology of eating disorders and the lucid analysis of the management and treatment of underweight patients and those with multiple comorbidities. This is the definitive clinical account of CBT for eating disorders."--G. Terence Wilson, PhD, Oscar K. Buros Professor of Psychology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
"Over the past 30 years, Fairburn has made immense contributions to our understanding and treatment of patients with eating disorders. This timely, clearly written, immensely informative, and very user-friendly book provides just what the clinician needs--a practical guide to all phases of treatment. Outlining his transdiagnostic model, Fairburn describes the processes that underlie all eating disorders and gives specific examples of how to assess, educate, and help patients with any eating disorder. Treatment is divided into stages, with clear guidelines for exactly what to say or do. This book will quickly become the preferred clinical guide in the eating disorders field. Fairburn and his colleagues should be commended for bringing state-of-the-art research to state-of-the-art practice. Bravo!"--Robert L. Leahy, PhD, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital
"Another milestone by the field's foremost pioneer, this book explains how to treat eating disorders in exquisite detail, and does so with a rich theoretical and empirical foundation as its basis. This will be the authoritative volume for many years to come."--Kelly D. Brownell, PhD, Robert L. Flowers Professor of Public Policy and Dean, Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University
"From the most prominent group in the world studying the nature and treatment of eating disorders comes this cutting-edge treatment guide, which spans all eating disorder diagnoses as well as conditions that fall outside current diagnostic criteria. Based on a solid empirical foundation, the transdiagnostic enhanced CBT approach will immediately become the gold standard for the treatment of eating disorders."--David H. Barlow, PhD, ABPP, Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry and Founder and Director Emeritus, Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Boston University
About the Author
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
As always,Fairburn produces brilliant, practical work.
CBT and Eating Disorders is also a great book but it's a book for clinicians/therapists and not for clients.
This is essentially a treatment book which provides a comprehensive and detailed structure for using CBT-E therapy with eating disorder clients, including how to create a formulation. I welcomed the inclusion of eating disorder questionnaires which can be used with clients. I think some eating disorder therapists whose core training is not CBT may be tempted to bring in some of their own techniques and resources to use alongside the framework in this book but other therapists may find that this book provides all that they need for effective working with this client group.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Eating Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks