- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
The Chairmaker's Workshop: Handcrafting Windsor and Post-and-rung Chairs Hardcover – 1 Oct 1997
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Author
Learn more about making chairs with traditional tools.
This book contains three detailed tutorials for making a post and rung chair, a rustic windsor, and a classic American windsor. Includes scale plans for making 11 chairs, plus chairmaking tools and workshop equipment (a spring pole lathe, shaving horse, kiln, workbench, and more.) Includes over 200 drawings and over 150 photographs.
About the Author
Marshall, NC --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top customer reviews
There are more designs and plans than an amateur is ever likely to build and they are well presented.
Langsner adopts a refreshing approach (though the book is now more than 15 years old) that one doesn't need a host of expensive tools to do good work. He concentrates as much on skills and design as on tools.
Simple, elegant but detailed.
If you can't find it second hand Langsner now sells reprints from his website countryworkshops dot org.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Print & Decorative Arts
- Books > Home & Garden > Carpentry & Woodwork
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Woodworking
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Styles & Decor
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies