- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
British Women Writers of World War 2: Battlegrounds of Their Own Hardcover – 1 Mar 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Lassner is a masterful reader of these fictions; her readings are supported by intertextual analysis, and biographical details are used to illuminate, but not stand in for, interpretation.' - Meg Albrinck, University of Wisconsin, Madison
About the Author
PHYLLIS LASSNER teaches Women's Studies, Jewish Studies, and Writing at Northwestern University, Illinois, USA. She is the author of two books on Elizabeth Bowen, essays on British women writers of the interwar and World War II periods, and the introduction to a rediscovered feminist classic, the 1910 novel by Karin Michaelis, The Dangerous Age.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies