- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Brief Lives 3 - Newton Paperback – 3 May 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A terrific piece of work ... this is a wonderfully writerly book, never less than elegant in construction and execution" (Marcus Berkmann Spectator)
"Written in splendidly elastic prose, each sentence a springboard for the next, it provides a concise, fair and highly readable biography of a singular genius" (Nigel Hawkes The Times)
"Beautifully written and engaging" (Allan Chapman BBC History)
"Ackroyd has a fine eye for the intimate, thorny details that breathe life into biographies" (Herald)
The third brilliant short biography in Peter Ackroyd's Brief Lives. Newton is a companion volume to Chaucer and Turner.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I conclude with: Newton Knew
"How else could he make the tools".
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Clear, accurate, evocative and fair. You don't need mathematics to understand this.Published on 14 Sept. 2014 by Will
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Laboratory Techniques & Experiments
- Books > Science & Nature > Experiments, Instruments & Measurements > Equipment & Techniques
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics