- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Book Production Paperback – 22 Jun 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'I consider this to be a useful addition to the literature, and would have no hesitation in recommending the paperback to staff at all levels in our production department' – Edward Wates, Learned Publishing
'This practical overview of the project manager's job is one of the first books on the industry to provide a lengthy exploration of project management, including a comparison of different digital work flows for the modern publisher. While most of the book reflects the skills and training necessary for managers throughout the world, the second part, with its focus on the methods of printing and distribution in the UK, will be less relevant for an American audience. Book Production includes brief case studies and helpful illustrations on work flows and cost analysis...it offers an accessible overview of the skills and knowledge necessary for production managers. This book fills in the gap in readers' knowledge of what happens after the editorial process. Summing Up: Highly recommended.' – J. Rodzvilla, CHOICE
About the Author
Adrian Bullock has for the past twenty years been Principal Lecturer on the undergraduate and postgraduate publishing programmes at Oxford Brookes University, where he specializes in project and production management. He is now runs Oxford Publishing Consultancy which specialises in publishing project and production management, and allows him to put to practical use many of the techniques he spends his time teaching. He is also involved in extensive publishing consultancy work in the developing world, particularly in educational publishing, for bilateral and multilateral agencies such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Soros Foundation, DfID, USAID, UNICEF, and UNESCO.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Project Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Computer Aided Manufacture
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Productivity
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies