- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (15 Nov. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1598743147
- ISBN-13: 978-1598743142
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.8 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 742,370 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Body and Image: Explorations in Landscape Phenomenology 2 Paperback – 15 Nov 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Tilley furthers his inquiry into the phenomenology of landscape with the book Body and Image Tilley presents a theoretically informed approach to archaeological scholarship that will appeal to readers from other disciplines While Tilley never directly calls for archaeologists to be active participants in the investigation of landscape, his work implies that the truest form of interpretation lies in a direct, tactile, an multisensory experience with the object of study. In short, there is no substitute for climbing the rocks."
--Marguerite Helmers, American Journal of Archaeology
About the Author
Christopher Tilley is Professor of Anthropology and Archaeology at University College London. He is the author of numerous books relating anthropological theories to archaeology. Recent books include A Phenomenology of Landscape (1994), An Ethnography of the Neolithic (1996) and Metaphor and Material Culture (1999).
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?