- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: DARK HORSE; Limited edition (1 Dec. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506702678
- ISBN-13: 978-1506702674
- Product Dimensions: 26.4 x 5.1 x 36.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 517,075 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Art of Metal Gear Solid V Limited Edition, The Hardcover – 1 Dec 2016
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Japanese game publishing and development giant, founded in March 1969 by Kagemasa Kozuki as a jukebox rental/repair business. The company was officially established under the name Konami Industry Co., Ltd. in March 1973. Made famous in the old days for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Contra coin-ops series, and Castlevania, Konami expanded its brands over the years with titles like Metal Gear Solid, NBA In the Zone, NHL Blades of Steel and Silent Hill, as well as a large number of rhythm games like Dance Dance Revolution.
Since then, it has successfully grown with increased product franchises and continues to expand its lineup for both the home and coin operated markets. In 1998, Konami became a $700 million dollar publicly traded company in Tokyo. It also has offices in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Top Customer Reviews
The only way it could be better if it came down with parachute like in the game.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
I just think for the price I paid for it they should have been more thoughtful on the outer page paint or at least tested for that kind of bleeding, and also taking care of the print better. That's just awful packaging and its an unusable print now.
With that being said, quality assurance could have been a lot better.
- Amazing art work
- Limited edition
- Limited lithograph from Ashley Wood
- Kick ass Diamond Dogs hard case
- Pages are thick
- Pages has the iconic explanation mark painted (also a con)
- Diamond Dog book mark (connected to the spine)
- Free digital version
- Some paint bleed due to the red ink exclamation point on the outer pages
- Said paint bleed made a page stick together which ripped
- The binding is hand woven by a single binding (don't abuse the book, could fall apart)
- Said lithograph is from Ashely Wood, would rather have one from Yoji Shinkawa for the price (Quiet looks like a monkey) :p
For the price I would have expected more, although the book is limited and sells for $150 now, if it was constructed better/ with Yoji's artwork it would have been a easy $250-300 collectible.
You should also know that the DD hard case has scratches throughout ON PURPOSE. It looks so good that I actually submitted a return thinking mine got scuffed up in transit.
Definitely pick it up if you find it for $80 or less. I like being part of a limited edition club ;D