- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: Adobe; Pap/Cdr edition (13 Oct. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321193806
- ISBN-13: 978-0321193803
- Product Dimensions: 18.6 x 2.8 x 23.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,167,085 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Adobe Illustrator CS Classroom in a Book Paperback – 13 Oct 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
How often have you wished you had access to the team behind your favorite software--in this case, Adobe Illustrator--so that you could really pick their brains about all of its coolest features? With this book, you do. In these pages the Adobe Creative Team gives you a guided tour of the graphics powerhouse, Illustrator CS. Best of all, it does so at your pace. Whether your beautifully designed graphics end up in print, the Web, broadcast video, or even cell phone displays, this book shows you how to get them there--easily, elegantly, and efficiently. You'll find step-by-step, project-based lessons in all of Illustrator's key features, including those that are new to CS: powerful new type tools, the Scribble Effect, hundreds of professionally designed templates, support for 3D graphics, and more. Each chapter contains a project that builds on your growing knowledge of the program, and a companion CD includes all the files needed to complete the book's lessons.
About the Author
The Adobe Creative Team is made up of designers, writers, and editors who have extensive, real-world knowledge of and expertise in using Adobe products. They work closely with the Adobe product development teams and Adobe's Instructional Communications team to come up with creative, challenging, and visually appealing projects to help both new and more experienced users get up to speed quickly on Adobe software products.
Top Customer Reviews
This is not a tutorial book on how to do stunning graphics and effects, infact all the graphics used in the book are rather simple. So this is a book for learning Illustrator features and how they are used, and it sure does a good job at it explaining you the basics all the way up to more complex commands and tasks.
The only two things I don't like on this book are the missing information bits (for example no word on the live text envelopes that was on of the great features introduced in CS1) and the lack of extras on the CD (besides all files to use on each lesson there isn't much more, some fonts, sample artwork and even some extra templates from Adobe would be nice).
I chose this book because of the lesson CD they include and I haven't been disappointed. Each lesson incorporates different techniques so you don't get bored and it really does mimic how you would use Illustrator for your own projects.
The prose is easy to follow and it has screenshots to go along with the explanations so you don't get lost.
Overall this is a great book that will teach you to produce the highest quality illustrations.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is ideal and has enabled me to get into illustrator in a meaningful way and is also excellent value.Published on 23 Oct. 2014 by chippy
Don't spend a fortune on £15 magazines about Illustrator when you can have this great book for much less. Read morePublished on 11 May 2013 by Stephane Masetto
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Studying & Test Preparation > Study & Learning Skills