- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 8 edition (19 July 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 027377803X
- ISBN-13: 978-0273778035
- Product Dimensions: 17.1 x 2.2 x 23.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (37 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 91,956 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists Paperback – 19 Jul 2012
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Were you looking for the book with access to MyAccountingLab? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyAccountingLab. Buy Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists with MyAccountingLab access card, 8/E, (9780273778165) if you need access to the MyAccountingLab as well, and save money on this brilliant resource.
Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists, Eighth Edition
Peter Atrill & Eddie McLaney
“Reliable, clear, up-to date coverage of the essential topics in both financial accounting and cost & management accounting.”
- John Earley, Leeds Trinity University College
“Written in a fluent and readable style and supplemented by numerous real world examples, Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialistsis pretty unique in the field.”
–Navjot Sandhu, Birmingham City University
“The ‘AccountingLab’ feature offers extra assistance for students to focus on the areas they need to improve.”
– Xin Guo, University of the West of Scotland
This market-leading text offers an accessible, effective introduction to key accounting and finance topics. With a focus on decision-making, Accounting and Finance for Non-Specialists also teaches you how to apply your learning to real-world business scenarios. The 8th edition retains the popular real world examples, progress checks, activities and exercises, and updates or adds new information on qualitative characteristics of accounting information, dividend and financing policies, and relevant costs for decision-making.
- Up-to-date coverage, including the latest IFRSs and corporate governance coverage
- Accessible step-by-step approach helps you master the subject one step at a time
- New real world examples provide opportunities to apply and develop techniques
- Progress checks, activities and exercises reinforce learning
- Focus on decision-making prepares you for careers in business
[insert My Accounting Lab logo]
92% of recently surveyed students would recommend MyAccountingLab for future courses. It’s available whenever you are and offers a personalized approach to mastering accounting and finance concepts. Fully mapped to this text, this optional resource offers:
- A personalised study plan, designed just for you
- Worked solutions showing you how to solve difficult or multi-stage problems
- Limitless opportunities to practice
- An eText for quick reference
- Case studies to help you apply what you’ve learned
Eddie McLaney is Visiting Fellow in Accounting and Finance at Plymouth University.
Peter Atrill is a freelance academic and author working with leading institutions in the UK, Europe and SE Asia. He was previously Head of Accounting and law and Head of Business and Management at the Plymouth University Business School.
Top Customer Reviews
Not happy the book states it comes with code but when you scroll down the page on Amazon it states not with access code, so don't make the same costly mistake as me
Brought this as part of my MBA syllabus. This doesnt come with the myacountinglab.com access so suggest
future buyers to look other options. Had to buy separately the website access which will cost you GBP 25.00
Book is great and no other issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is good if you have never studied accounting before. Easy to understand with quite a few exercises.Published on 16 Jan. 2015 by Lucy