- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The 48 Laws Of Power (The Robert Greene Collection) Paperback – 20 Nov 2000
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Learning the game of power requires a certain way of looking at the world, a shifting of perspective," writes Robert Greene. Mastery of one's emotions and the arts of deception and indirection are, he goes on to assert, essential. The 48 laws outlined in this book "have a simple premise: certain actions always increase one's power...while others decrease it and even ruin us."
The laws cull their principles from many great schemers--and scheming instructors--throughout history, from Sun-Tzu to Talleyrand, from Casanova to con man Yellow Kid Weil. They are straightforward in their amoral simplicity: "Get others to do the work for you, but always take the credit," or: "Discover each man's thumbscrew." Each chapter provides examples of the consequences of observance or transgression of the law, along with "keys to power," potential "reversals" (where the converse of the law might also be useful), and a single paragraph cleverly laid out to suggest an image (such as the aforementioned thumbscrew); the margins are filled with illustrative quotations. Practitioners of one-upmanship have been given a new, comprehensive training manual, as up- to-date as it is timeless. --Amazon.com --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
'Invaluable manual on the use and abuse of power... indispensable and often-cited influence on many of America's most successful rappers' -- Sunday Times MagazineSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Apart from that the book included many examples about the laws talked about in the book and I truly enjoyed reading this book even though i am not much of a reader. I would recommend and i have recommended this books to family members and friends
I recommend this book to entrepreneurs, corporate guys with a commitment to excel and for every politician.
A military general and a foreign affairs ministers will find this book as a Bible.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Anthropology & Sociology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology