- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Inniskillin Gold Vidal Ice 2013 Wine, 37.5 cl
|Price:||£47.75 (£95.50 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.24 (8%)|
- The 2013 Vintage was a 2015 Decanter World Wine Awards Gold Trophy Winner
- The icewine has abundant aromatics of apricot, peach and pineapple
- Full-bodied, the French oak integrates beautifully with flavours of mango, clove and orange peel which continue through the long finish
- The region's temperatures during fruit-ripening are moderate and consistent
- All of the grapes were picked by mechanical harvester
- Gold Medal Winner - Decanter Magazine 2014
- International Wine & Spirits Competition - Canadian Producer of the Year
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Inniskillin 'Gold' Vidal Icewine is deep gold in colour. The icewine has abundant aromatics of apricot, peach and pineapple. Full-bodied, the French oak integrates beautifully with flavours of mango, clove and orange peel which continue through the long finish.
The Niagara Peninsula is a cool climate region and the mineral-rich soils are the result of melting glaciers that left behind large and varied deposits of gravel, sand and clay, as they receded approximately 13,000 years ago. Thanks to the warming influence of Lake Ontario and the Niagara River, the region’s temperatures during fruit-ripening are moderate and consistent.
Constant watch over fluctuating temperatures by vineyard manager Gerald Klose and winemaker Bruce Nicholson saw the desired frigid temperatures finally set in on the 4th week of January. Inniskillin harvested at the desired minimum of minus 10 degree C. The naturally frozen grapes of Cabernet Franc and Riesling were harvested first from the Woerthle Vineyard in the early morning hours with pressing following immediately. The Vidal grapes were then harvested from the Brae Burn Vineyard. All of the grapes were picked by mechanical harvester. Nicholson achieved the critical balance between the natural sugars and the natural acidities which he strives for.
The removal of ice crystals, separated from the frozen grapes during pressing, concentrated the juice which was then fined, cleaned and settled for seven days. There was no maceration. A selected yeast was used for fermentation for 19 days at a cool 15 degree C. Vidal was aged for four months in French oak and then in stainless steel until its release. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2012; Grape varieties: 100% Vidal; Region: Niagara; Winemaker: Bruce Nicholson; Alcohol (ABV): 9.5%; Acidity: 11.1 g/l; Residual Sugar: 258.7 g/l; Wine pH: 3.55, Bottle Size: 37.5 cl.