- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Montes Limited Selection Colchagua Cabernet Sauvignon/ Carmenere 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£28.92 (£9.64 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
- The nose has aromas of chocolate, vanilla and black fruits with a wonderfully complex palate, round tannins and a long finish
- Delicious now but can be aged
- The moderating breezes from the ocean slows ripening allowing the wines to achieve perfect ripeness
- Cool nights helps to retain acidity giving freshness to the wines
- All grapes were hand harvested
Customers also shopped for
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Montes Limited Selection Colchagua Cabernet Sauvignon/Carmenere with the aromas of chocolate, vanilla and black fruits with a wonderfully complex palate, round tannins and a long finish. Delicious now but can be aged.
All grapes come from Apalta in Colchagua Valley, arguably one of the finest sites for red wine grape growing in Chile. Vines are planted on 45 degree slopes providing good exposure which helps in achieving ripeness- especially important for the often difficult Carménère variety. As with other regions in Chile, the ocean plays a role even at 60km away, with cool breezes moderating this warm area. Low night-time temperatures further prolongs ripening, allowing for the slow development and retention of varietal aromas and acidity. All grapes were hand harvested.
2012 saw favourable conditions and minimal rainfall in the months leading up to harvest, resulting in the development of a good fruit set. Despite an overall quality, water deficits meant that some varieties experienced stress. March was excessively hot, with a total of 14 days reaching temperatures above 30 degree C. As a result, harvest was brought forward by three weeks, with picking for the red varieties commencing in late March.
The grapes were cold soaked at 10 degree c for five days to extract aroma and colour. After that, the grapes were fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks for 12 days and then kept on their skins to give structure and colour. After malolactic fermentation, 48% of the final blend was aged in French oak barrels for ten months to add complexity and roundness to the wine. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2012; Grape varieties: 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Carmenère; Region: Colchagua Valley; Closure: Natural cork; Winemaker: Aurelio Montes Baseden; Alcohol (ABV): 14%; Acidity: 4.95g/l; Residual Sugar: 3.02g/l; Wine pH: 3.57.