Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Apr 2011, 13:51:17 BST
Fuzzypiglet says:
I really hope BBC release a blu ray of this, its really beautifully shot and deserves to be seen in full HD

Posted on 27 Apr 2011, 01:31:48 BST
badblokebob says:
I second this. It looks stunning on BBC HD and it'd be a real shame not to put out a Blu-ray version.

Better cover art than this DVD would be welcomed too!

Posted on 28 Apr 2011, 17:24:57 BST
Fuzzypiglet says:
I contacted the BBC who told me the following:

The majority of BBC programmes are acquired by 2entertain for DVD exploitation. Those titles not acquired by 2entertain remain with BBC Archive who may license the rights to other interested parties in due course. May I therefore suggest you contact the 2entertain enquiry line for further information.

So I contacted 2Entertain who replied today with this:

Thank you for your recent communication regarding the availability of the below programme.

Unfortunately we at 2entertain do not own the rights to this programme so I am afraid we have no plans to release it. The Rights are held by Fremantle Home Entertainment, if you contact them directly they should be able to assist with your enquiry.

So today I have written to Freemantle and will post back what they say

Posted on 28 Apr 2011, 22:43:17 BST
Andrew says:
Well done I. C. Graves on your enquiries, I'll be interested to hear what Fremantle say. I also hope it will be released on Blu-ray; the cinematography and visuals are so stunning even on iPlayer in HD (which has a much lower bit-rate than Blu-ray of course).

Posted on 9 May 2011, 17:44:58 BST
Fuzzypiglet says:
Well there wont be a bluray release :(
I recieved the following email today from freemantle;

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there will not be a Blu-ray release. When we assessed the viability of this title on Blu-ray, unfortunately the sales potential is too low to warrant a Blu-ray production. We are disappointed by this, however we have to take market forces in to consideration.

Kind regards,
Sarah

www.fremantlehomeentertainment.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  21 Apr 2011
Latest post:  9 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about