black + blum Appetit Lunch Box, Lime
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Made from polypropylene and copolyester (BPA free)
- Includes sauce pot, inner dish and fork/knife
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Compare with similar items
black + blum Appetit Lunch Box, Pink
black + blum Lunch Box Rectangle Large
black + blum Lunch Box Rectangle
Lakeland Leak-Proof Lunch Box with Compartments, 900ml - White & Green
black + blum Bento Lunch Box, Black/Red, 19.00 x 12.00 x 5.50 cm
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||£2.99||FREE Shipping|
A revolutionary new lunch box. More like a ceramic bowl than your standard food container and with better functionality. The 'glass like' lid locks to the body for a water tight seal and has an ingenious sauce dipping area (great for sushi lovers). A sauce pot is ideal for salad dressing (or ketchup), so you can dress your salad just before you eat it. An inner dish allows you to split different foods so you can microwave a hot dish, but keep other foods cold. We have also included a fork/knife for easy one handed eating. Microwave and dishwasher safe.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When I first got it, everyone at my office was quite impressed and got it's fair share of wows.
However after months of use, a few things about this aren't quite what they seem:
1. The two smaller containers inside are neither air-tight nor stay in their place; so unless you carry the lunch box perfectly flat, they *will* move about and any sauces you happen to have inside them will find themselves all over the inside of the lunch box.
2. The lunch box is fairly airtight, however since it has hinges only on two sides instead of all four, it *has* leaked on occasions (my lunch almost always contains a good amount of sauce). This isn't necessarily a product flaw as much as it is bad design and I wish future iterations of this lunch box come with latches on all four sides.
3. Finally, the sides of the lid aren't particularly strong and in my case have developed fine cracks on the two sides having hinges. This is, again, bad design because the inner edges of the lid are quite thin compared to the rest of the lid.
After around 9 months of daily use, the hinge guide mechanism on the lid has broken, rendering this beautiful lunch box no longer airtight, and in my case, useless.
Its a shame really, because the box is quite pretty and I still use it at home.
So in conclusion, while I laud Black+Blum for a really pretty take on an otherwise boring everyday item, some bad design choices have resulted in a not-so-recommendable product, and one that looks much better than it really it.
Must point out that I have used the lunchbox a handful of times, and both my lunchboxes have bowed on the lid and now they leak. For the price tag of what this costs compared to your usual standard lock and clip tupperware lunch boxes, this fails to meet the standard and is definitely not fit for purpose.
Normally I wouldn't bother wasting my time to make a video and would just stick to writing a review of my experience of using the product. You should be able to see from my uploaded vid on here that this product isn't worth buying (unless you are intending on using the lunchbox for dry food / non liquids).
As side from that I am happy with my purchase and hope it stands the test of time .
Couple of major points to take note:
(1) Anyway, the lunch box I received looked great but that is when the benefits end. Looking at the product video ([...]) if you scroll to 0:26, you see an animation of the lunch box filled with water and the lunch box not leaking any water. This is what I assumed to be the case when I bought the lunch box. When I first got it, I washed the lunch box and tried this same simulation by filling it up with water. Guess what? It leaks. This is by no means a waterproof box and buyers should beware of this. I cycle to school and any food with sauce in it (eg pasta) leaks out. I had to double bag it in a zip lock bag to prevent this from happening. Not what I expected for £16.
(2) Next issue is warping of the internal black food box. After 3 days of use, I realised that the larger triangular internal food box actually warps with use. This is very surprising to me as I had followed instructions and not microwaved it for more than a minute. This is actually quite a substantial problem as the lid can no longer fit onto the box without pressure on it (It fits if you squeeze it in with the larger transparent lid), but this wasn't the case when I first got the box.
(3) Finally I would like to note that despite what the image shows, the internal boxes do not lock into place. They do not really move around when you have solid food in the empty space between them, but without anything in the middle, they dislodge when you carry them in your bag. Not a good idea, as the sauce container opened up and as mentioned in (1) the box is not waterproof.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews