Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

I'Ve never seen the west wing before but heard it is good. Is it worth buyin the complete boxset?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Dec 2007 15:13:31 GMT
Same as title

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2008 14:24:54 GMT
Just do it Joe!! Everything you read about this show is spot on! Quite simply THE best thing thats ever been on TV

Enjoy! John

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2008 21:04:18 GMT
Well, close to the best - you'd struggle to find anything of this top quality (over the whole series, not just bits and pieces) ever made again.

Top value at many times the current asking price.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 15:44:24 GMT
Hi there.

I was in exactly the same position as you 2 or 3 months back. Then I took the plunge and got the complete box set. It's a great show - not really an 'action' one (there's just a gunfight in season 2 and a car explosion in season 6 and that's it) but one that thrives on it's writing and script. It does talk about several of America's domestic and foreign issues addressing both sides of the arguments presented. What makes the show however is the strong character development throughout.

The problem is that a 'political' show sounds boring when people describe it as such. It sucks people in through its characters despite that. The West Wing's a unique show that's worth checking out. And at the current amazon price, you could easily resell it (I don't think you will though) losing only a fiver or so.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 18:54:13 GMT
N. Hall says:
Yes. Definitely! And it's really cheap now too. I bought the first series for my Mum a few years ago having personally never seen it before. I quickly became addicted and can safely say that West Wing is amazing!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jan 2009 19:10:50 GMT
Im just about to replace our complete Box Set as some of the discs nolonger play! We briefly had a dilemma when we reached the end of season 7 as to what to watch; problem solved we just started round again.

Some seminal series stand out... Hill Street Blues, ER, but WestWing is outstanding even in this company. The previous posts attest to the quality of the component parts. I agree, but series 6 and 7 have the added edge of life copying art with the recent presidential election. Santos was based on Obama! I won't spoil the ending.
Simply buy and enjoy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  31 Dec 2007
Latest post:  4 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about