on 31 December 2012
Loads of vocab packs to download, rates your pronunciation and doesn't let you move on until you get it right. A great app, definitely recommend. Already ordered the German one to brush up too.
on 23 January 2013
I am a complete beginner and I am already learning the basics easily. I listens to your pronunciation and rates it and doesn't let you move on until you've said it properly! Just what I need to learn properly.
on 2 January 2013
You can use this to learn at your own pace and without others hearing the mistakes you make. You can repeat earlier lessons if something Will not sink in.
on 10 August 2014
I love this app apart from it won't let me go any further. It tells me it has sent me and email and I have to follow the link, but I haven't had an email. Checked junk - not in there. Shame, as I would love to use this app fully.
on 6 November 2014
Running this app on my kindle fire gives me problems as it requires adobe. That means some of the conversations cut out and the app throws me back to the menu. I also had issues signing in but the babbel team sorted it out for me, but still cant sign in via facebook. As far as I can tell everything else works ok but I would recommend using the website in tandem as it focuses more on sentence structure rather than just learning words. Still useful tho! A handful of stuff is free but with a reasonably priced subscription you can open up and download the full content. Making good progress with the website, kindle app and phone app!
on 24 February 2015
It makes it easy to remember and learn through the use of sound, pictures and how interactive it is. I have only used it for a couple hours over the past couple of days and I already know basic Italian (that includes spelling out the words). Overall it is a brilliant app!
on 29 December 2013
This was not what I expected - a few pictures with the Italian word underneath. It did, however, open the floodgates for a large number of e-mails inviting me to buy more stuff from Babbel - totally would not recommend downloading this - there is better stuff on the BBC website
on 13 August 2013
I have difficulty grasping other languages and having a learning disability but am going on my first proper overseas holiday and wanted to make the effort. I've only completed the first couple modules but words are sinking in, I`m thrilled. Plus this app works on my Kindle Fire. So far this app seems great!
on 14 July 2014
I'm leaning Italian as my second language at school and this app really helps me revise for tests. Defiantly would recommend!
on 17 April 2013
Down loaded a free app. spent a quater of an hour with it before it expected cash. Got rid of it. Moral of the story, you get what you pay for. Very little.