Amazon Counter: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Counter?
Counter is a new click and collect service that adds more choice and convenience for you and your Amazon parcels. Counter is a service that allows you to pick up your parcels from locations nearby such as convenience and high street stores.
2. How do I use Counter?
There are two different ways to select a Counter location
(1) Search and find a convenient store and add it to your Amazon address book right now. Then, during checkout, choose the Counter location as your delivery address directly from your address book
(2) Search for a Counter location at checkout by using your desired postcode or address.
Once your parcel has been delivered, we will email you a collection barcode. Simply visit your selected store and provide the store assistant with your barcode in return for your parcel. You'll have 14 days to collect your parcel.
3. How much does using Amazon Counter cost?
Counter has no charge for Amazon Prime members. If you're not an Amazon Prime member, you'll be charged £2.99 for One-Day delivery. If you spend more than £10 on books or £20 on anything else, you will qualify for FREE standard delivery.
4. How long do I have to pick up my parcel?
You have 14 calendar days to pick up your parcel. If you're not able to collect your parcel within this time-frame, it will be returned for a refund.
5. What do I need to pickup my parcel from a Counter location?
You will need to show your unique barcode in order to collect your parcel. It is not necessary to present any ID when you use Amazon Counter.
6. What kind of items can be delivered to an Amazon Counter location?
Items dispatched by Amazon are eligible for delivery to a Counter. This includes Marketplace items that are Fulfilled by Amazon (usually items from Amazon Merchants or Warehouse Deals).
7. What kind of items can not be delivered to a Counter location?
Items sold by third-party Sellers, age restricted and hazardous material items aren't eligible for delivery via Counter. If the combined size, weight or dimensions of your parcel exceeds the size restrictions of your selected pickup location, you'll need to remove items or select a different delivery address to proceed with your order.
8. Can I return an item to a Counter location?
Not yet, but we are working on it :-)