on 22 February 2015
The Aden & Anais star saves your life in the middle of the night when you can't tell if it's too hot or cold in a newborns bedroom because your too exhausted to even spell your own name. Goes red if it's too warm, blue if it's too cold, and glows soft white when the room is a safe temp. Tells you the time, temp and you can use it for breast feeding monitoring also. But I now give this as a gift to all pregnant friends because it was so helpful and continues to be. So easy to use and program once, then leave on the change table or bedside table. I'm still using it 2 years in!
on 15 November 2017
Amazing product in terms of temperature control. It gives you that quick peace of mind in the middle of the night at a glimps. The sounds are really nice and soothing for baby. It’s only a shame you can’t tirn the brightness that’s the reason for four stars!
on 30 November 2016
Love this star. Bought it before I gave birth to my son used it everyday whilst I was breastfeeding as I could record what time he finished eating and from what breast with a click of two buttons and even though I no longer breast feed I still use the star for the melody to put him to sleep.
Only con I had with it is that I had to always have it plugged in to the wall as it doesn't run long when used by battery which is annoying if you want to always move it about with you. Also it loses all data if it turns off even for a second that includes having to reset the time and losing what time the last feed was and from which breast
on 6 November 2013
Bought this for my sister who loved it and now bought for myself. Looks good in bedroom and reassuring colour change for room temperature.
on 12 December 2016
I really wanted to like this product. Love aden + anais muslins. But this product has been my worst baby purchase. If you need a permanent night light, you might like this more (though I find the white light far too bright and cold), but bought this before baby arrived and turned out she couldn't handle light when falling asleep. There are plenty of cheaper and better options if you just need white noise and room temperature - wish I'd gone with one of them.
on 24 November 2016
I bought this for the nursery. I particularly like the fact that th light is always on but it's very soft, so I can check the time and room temperature in he middle of the night without having to turn on any lights.
Re the strength of th light, I would note that it's not strong or bright enough to use as soft light when feeding the baby in the middle of the night. I find that I need to use a bedside table light to see where I'm going when I sm breastfeeding at night. However, given that the light on this start is permanently on, i would not want it to be any brighter. The brightness is just perfect for being able to see check time and room temperature at night.

During the day I take he serenity start with me throughout the house to check room temperature of the room i'm in and because the start is light and easily to carry around (if you use batteries instead of plugging it in), it's very convenient.

It also produces white noises (3 options). I really only use the heartbeat option. The other two I find that are a bit too loud even when you turn the volume down to the maximum. So the Colin levels is somehibf that, in my opinion, could be improved to have a lower volume setting.

I have not used the breastfeeding feature as I use an app on my phone, so can't really comment on that.

The serenity star is a bit pricey in my opinion (especially bearing in mind that the white noises can be a bit loud and I don't use them that much), but I am overall happy with this product and would recommend.
on 8 August 2016
This is a great clock, feeding time diary, light, thermometer, music box, white noise machine.
However, it does not have a OFF switch for the light, so if you want it to stop glowing you've got to unplug it, which means that you have to reset the time every time you plug it back in. Not ideal. Ours is sitting in a drawer unfortunately, as resetting it three times a day in the morning and after naps became very tedious quite quickly.