Zoom H6 Handy Recorder
|Price:||£328.00 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£11.00 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Six-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic/line inputs with xlr/trs combo connectors
- Gain controls (real knobs!) and -20db pads for each input
- Records directly to sd, sdhc and sdxc cards up to 128gb
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Here at Zoom we've been building innovative products for the past thirty years. But with the revolutionary H6 six-track recorder, the bar is raised further still. Four interchangeable input capsules - X/Y, MS, Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo - make the H6 the ultimate chameleon of the audio world, and its advanced preamps make it the best-sounding one too. Whatever your application - live recording, professional film/video work, live broadcast or electronic news gathering - the H6 can handle it with ease. The most versatile portable recorder ever.
Operation manual XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule MSH-6 MS mic capsule SD card (2GB) AA size (LR6) battery x 4 Cubase LE Software Windscreen USB Cable Case
From the Manufacturer
In the Box
The H6 comes with everything you need to create amazing audio.
- XYH-6 X/Y mic capsule
- MSH-6 MS mic capsule
- SD card (2GB)
- AA size (LR6) battery x 4
- Cubase LE Software
- USB Cable
- Operation manual
The Zoom H6 Handy Recorder
Change the Way You Think About Recording… Forever
Zoom's flagship H6 is the most advanced portable recorder ever. It utilizes a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lenses of a camera and comes with both X/Y and Mid-Side stereo mics.
Great for live recording as well as studio-quality music production, the H6 offers six tracks of simultaneous recording and four mic/line inputs.
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules
- Includes detachable stereo X/Y and Mid-Side capsules
- Six tracks of simultaneous recording
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards up to 128GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Four mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with dedicated volume control, selectable phantom power, and -20dB pad
- Requires just four standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries (over 20 hours of operation with alkaline batteries)
How Do You Want To Record Today?
The H6 is the most versatile portable recorder ever, which means it can handle virtually any kind of recording job, from live concert recording to location videography, from electronic newsgathering to music production.
The XYH-6 allows you to do stereo X/Y recording and provides dual large diaphragm mic elements with adjustable width—choose 90 degrees for a more focused sound or 120 degrees for a wider stereo image. It's great for recording classical music and for capturing sound effects in the field.
Step up to a whole new level of precision sound-shaping with the MSH-6, which contains a forward-facing, unidirectional mic (the “Mid”) and a side-facing, bi-directional mic (the “Side”). In conjunction with the H6's onboard MS decoder, it allows you to capture a fully mono-compatible stereo image that can actually be adjusted after recording—ideal for film, video, and television projects.
Optional Capsules (Not Included)
SGH-6 Shotgun mic capsule
Get all the pickup with half the length by connecting an SGH-6, which adds a professional-quality, highly directional shotgun microphone to your H6. Three elements, combined with digital signal processing, give you the highly directional pickup power of a conventional shotgun in a unit only half the size, making it optimum for recording dialogue and narration with no intrusive mic in the scene.
XYH-5 shockmounted X/Y mic capsule
The advanced XYH-5 provides dual matched unidirectional condenser microphones housed in an advanced shockmount to minimize vibration and handling noise—ideal for location videography and broadcasting/podcasting. In addition, the XYH-5 is designed to handle extremely loud sounds, making it the perfect choice for capturing the sound of live rock concerts and for electronic newsgathering (ENG) applications.
APH-6 Accessory Pack
Professional hairy windscreen
Wired remote control
AC power adapter
Professional hairy windscreen
Wired remote control
AC power adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was very excited to see the H6 released, especially when I heard of the improvements with regard to the much quieter background noise it produces. In this respect, I have not been disappointed. In fact, I've been very pleasantly surprised. There is noticeable difference in the amount of background hiss with this model. The sound is not as true as the H4n and it can give quite a hard edge to things. I'm trying to find out what I would need to do in post production to give it a warmer, rounder sound.
The machine feels good quality. Gone are the internal buttons and knobs to control things--the H6 has the gain control as four physical dials for each of the XLR jacks, plus another on the XY mic attachments and Mid-Side mic.
There is no three mode option as with the H4n... Zoom have scrapped the Stereo/4 Channel/Multi-track modes. Now everything you get, you see. One screen for everything. So, selecting just the LR input lets you record to stereo. Selecting another input allows for multi-track recording (so long as you have 'overdub' selected in the options).
Other good things that I like about it is the battery life. On alkaline batteries, the unit has yet to die on me, and I've used it for probably around 8 hours and it's now down from the maximum three bars to two. I hope to use NiMH rechargables but I haven't needed them yet so can't comment on life.Read more ›
As the title I gave suggests, this unit is not suited for dSLR users. Yet to be fair it is not really marketed for such use. The Tascam DR-60D is a better solution for dSLR due various reasons which I cannot cover in this review as it is meant for the Zoom. I will write another review for the Tascam.
- Robust build quality, with lots of metal rather than plastic
- Awesome sound quality
- Easy intuitive button and dial layout
- 2 Mics are included with own level control. (Metal mics)
- 4 XLR phantom powered inputs with potentiometers to control gain. Inputs can also accept jack plugs.
- Option to have 6 XLR inputs via
- 3.5mm jack input
- Tripod mount
- Line out which can be fed into any recording equipment ie: camera.
- Offers many recording options. WAV files to mp3
- Nice colour display
- Comes with everything you need to get started plus a travel case (yet no power supply)
- When colour display backlight goes off screen becomes unreadable. (Unlike normal LCD displays which remain viewable)
- Jog dial used for scrolling through the menu is a bit fiddly.
- When mounted on a tripod, battery access is tricky. Yet battery life is really great.
- Vocals recording could sound slightly nasal. (On my unit at least)
So is this the recorder for you?
Ultimately we buy these recorders for sound quality and ease of use. And this unit performs well in both departments. On my unit I notice that vocals sound slightly nasal.Read more ›
- The top internal X/Y stereo mic unit can be unplugged and replaced with a (supplied) M/S mic. I have not seen this before on a portable recorder.M/S (mid/side) recording, although it seems to have gone a little out of fashion in recent years has two advantages - the stereo spread can be adjusted in post and one channel (the mid mic) is a regular mono signal on its own. Zoom also sell two other modules to replace the X/Y mic - a directional gun mic and a unit that adds two more XLR channels in place of the mic. The X/Y mic module also has a stereo minijack input with 'plug-in power' - great if you want to use binaural mics (obviously the minijack disconnects the X/Y mics). The X/Y mics also swivel adjusting the angle of the heads from 90º to 110º for a wider stereo image.
- You can select a 'back-up' mode for the top stereo mic inputs that lays down an additional stereo pair a lower level than the original as a safety copy in case you peak on the original (effectively meaning it possible to record 8 tracks at once). This is a great feature.
- The remaining for channels have individual gain pots (the stereo internal mic channel shares one). Each channel has individually switchable phantom power, low cut, limiters and compressors. Although the pots are quite small and fiddle, it's great to have individual, physical gain controls. These four channels all have combined XLR/jack inputs. Channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 can be switched to stereo pairs.
- An angled colour LCD display shows all 6 channels and their settings together. The screen is small and might be difficult to see in bright light but it is great to have all this information together.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can always find what I'm looking for on Amazon at a better price :-) ...Great Product.Published 12 days ago by David Blake
I'v e had a zoom H6 for over a year now, not from Amazon though, and am mainly writin this in response to the misinformation in the current review voted 'most helpful'. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Stokeypaul
I bought this even though I already had digital recording kit, because I wanted something quick and easy to set up. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Chris
Works very nicely, gain is clean up until 7/10, then things start to get noisy. Using external high output mics like the Rode NTG-3 combats this potential problem. Read morePublished 11 months ago by James C
Settled on this eventually after trying other makes. The extra inputs swung it for me.
Unit is quite clunky looking and over big. Read more
A great little recorder, very handy, lots of functions, which are easy to change in the menu (provided you aren't recording). Read morePublished 11 months ago by Adam
Be aware of a significant file handling limitation when considering the Zoom H6
Having recently purchased a Zoom H6 (not through Amazon), I discovered post purchase, a fact... Read more