- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Zombie Flesh Eaters [Blu-ray Steelbook]
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Special offers and product promotions
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
THEY WILL RISE TO SUCK THE BLOOD OF THE LIVING!
From the sleazy video nasty vaults comes a movie so stained with controversy and moral indignation that the very mention of its name sends shudders down the spines of the weak stomached and censorious Zombie Flesh Eaters. A gut-munching, shark wrestling, eye-gouging orgy of topless skin divers, mud-caked undead terror and Italian splatter from the dark imagination of horror genius Lucio Fulci (The Beyond, City of The Living Dead).
An abandoned boat in New York Harbour unleashes a deadly flesh crazed Zombie cargo... A Young American woman and a journalist investigate a tropical island where a deadly disease is making the dead walk... Soon, thoughts of getting to the bottom of the murderous curse will be forgotten, as Fulci s walking corpses overwhelm the living and reports come in that the Big Apple is swarming with the living dead...
After over thirty years, Zombie Flesh Eaters still has the power to shock and offend the unwilling... Check out this classic sadist video and revel in a wonderfully tasteless movie that once helped usher in a moral panic!
STRONG UNCUT VERSION!
- Brand new high definition restoration of the original negative.
- Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature
- Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
- UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
- ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
- FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
- THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
- MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo - Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre
- ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
- Trailer and radio spots
- Collectors booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
- Limited Edition with exclusive artwork
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The acting is up to par and does not go over board with the hysterics. But only one actor stands out and that is Richard Johnson a British actor who steals every scene he is in.
The film is loaded with Zombies and many ideas and scenes will show up in future zombie flicks. The scene underwater with zombies taking on sharks is easily one of the great horror moments filmed in the genre.
Lots of gore and a story that does not interfere with the action make this a classic zombie film to be in any collectors DVD library. Fulci fans will definitely want this and the Beyond as they are probably the director's best works. True classics
Anyway; there is a spectacularly boring piece of direction in the first few minutes but after that, it settles down into a nice mix of squeam and scream.
Come on censors - let's have a Redux.
As for the infamous eyeball puncturing scene, you may want to look away if your squeamish, because it still makes me squirm even today, and that's coming from someone who thought he had seen it all and was pretty much desensitized to horror. The picture quality is excellent, hardly surprising since they have refurbished it for this edition, and as a result it looks as if it was made only recently, rather than 36 years ago, hard to believe really.
If you love horror, or zombie movies in general, this is an instant classic that you should add to your collection straight away, you won't be disappointed.
Zombie Flesheaters punches way past its weight with plenty of original and imaginative shock moments. The underwater scene alone is just an all time favourite classic for me.
The soundtrack needs its own mention as its one of the best, an amazing and unforgettable heavy synth theme which runs throughout and really adds to the impact of the film when it comes in.
To me with the addition of such a strong soundtrack and catchy distinctive theme the film has kind of a spaghetti western zombie feel to it.
Romero may hold the zombie genre crown but for me Flesheaters is the most enjoyable and fun one that stands up to the most repeat viewings.
N.B did not come with booklet as stated in description which is a shame
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews