Customer reviews

Size: 1-6 Years|Colour: Pink|Change
Price:£5.99+ £2.95 shipping

on 22 May 2017
Love these, but so sad we can't buy again!!
on 26 September 2013
great design, very easy to put on and my daughter loves them, they enable her to float all over the pool and have given her the confidence to finally let go of me!
on 5 August 2013
Size: 1-6 Years|Colour: Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These arm bands are so much easier to put on than the traditional, non-rolling designs I've used previously. They can be put on fully inflated, which is much more convenient. Each band has two independent air chambers, with substantial valves. The valves are pretty effective, with just a little hissing before they self-close. The are, however, a bit tricky to recess into the band, after inflation (I've found it necessary to squeeze some other part of the band hard, so as to make the valve region bulge as much as possible). I'd also think twice before putting these on a one-year-old: they would nearly cover her entire arm from shoulder to wrist; they're still quite large on my three-year-olds!
on 15 December 2013
We got these becasue we have just moved to a new area and our local pool doesn't have anything shallower than 1m deep, which is over my daughter's head. DD is a water loving baby and adores swimming, but despite baby and toddler swimming classes she is not able to keep herself afloat in water over her head. I had been reluctant to buy swim wings because all the books I read on teaching children to swim advised against it on the grounds that they encourage an upright, and not horizontal, swimming position. But given the depth of our new local pool, we had no choice. AND BOY, WERE THEY TERRIFIC. My DD is just shy of 3 and weighs about 20kg. It took her about 2 minutes to realize they were keeping her boyant, at which point she didn't want me to hold onto her at all any more. About 15 minutes of splashing around and she had figured out how to keep herself stable and gain a bit of control, 15 minutes after that and she was reaching forward, kicking, and propelling herself through the water independently. She's a better swimmer after 30 minutes with these than after months and months of toddler classes. If I'd known how much confidence these would give her, and how much freedom and agility, I would have bought them 2 years ago.
The idea that you can roll these on to an arm while inflated is a good idea. However the instructions state that after rolling them onto the arms the valves should be on the inside. This is not always easy to do, you will have to work out at what position you need to start from. Childrens arms come in various lengths do they not? You'll need to use a bit of trial and error to get them to fit correctly.

Also, for younger children these double chamber arm bands maybe a little to long on the arm, which in the case of my four year old daughter means she cannot bend her arm at the elbow when wearing them.

I wouldn't recommend them for very young children or smaller children if it stops them from bending their arms at the elbow. Instead I'd recommend you look for a smaller single chamber product. Being able to move arms freely while swimming is very important.
on 23 November 2010
Have bought 3 pairs of these now and all deflated very quickly and became damaged. My daughter is very small and these are the only arm bands we can find that stay on her (the usual standard ones slip off no matter how inflated). I will buy again as I feel they are the only product that we can use but they are prone to damage easily.
on 25 July 2015
Armbands worked well for a week on holiday but when we went to use them when we got home at the local swimming baths one of them ripped at the seams, rendering it useless. We were forced to go buy some more as we had already paid and were ready to go swimming, this cost us an extra £8.
We used these today at the local pool with our two year-old, contrasting them with two other pairs we have used.

We liked:
- the roll on fit was much easier than dragging rubbery material up damp arms
- the all round air (as opposed to flat underneath and air above the arms) gave our daughter a slightly higher floating position and this made her noticeably more confidant.
- the absence of any corners meant there were no sharp edges to catch on the skin.

We liked less:
- it is relatively easy to over-inflate and they then over-squeeze the arm.
- the valves are a devil to push back into the band once inflation is done and could be made rather easier.

On the whole we liked these enough to buy a second pair for the younger child.
on 29 August 2010
my daughter is 20 months and i liked the idea of these roll on arm bands but they don't work for us. You need to keep your arm straight and push them on quite hard and she just won't or can't, they are too tricky so a waste of money for us so far.
on 19 April 2015
In theory great however,In reality it was so hard to try and roll up my 2year olds arm. She hot really upset and we gave up and reverted back to her swimming jacket.