• Zog
  • Customer reviews

on 25 June 2017
Quite simply my daughters favourite book. I love the fact that the princess decides she would rather be a doctor and doesn't need saving by the knight. I love even more that the knight decides he also wants to be in medicine and asks the princess if she will teach him what she knows. Zog also gets to break free of his stereotypical dragon role to become their flying ambulance with the support of his class teacher and all his dragon friends. A wonderful book to teach the young that you really can follow your dreams. And written in that wonderful Julia Donaldson style that keeps the little ones coming back to it again and again. Can't recommend this one highly enough!!
And if that is not enough the Axel Scheffler illustrations are just fabulous. My favourite of all their collaborations.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 March 2016
My wife and kids are big fans of the Julia Donaldson books and this is one of my son's favourite books.
It is a great story, about a dragon called Zog who goes to school to learn dragon ways and meets a princess, its very entertaining. The imagery of the book is really good as well, Axel Schaeffer is a great artist and Axel and Julia work well together to create books that children will love.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2017
It's great, not least because there is a very cool female alternative princess. I just wish I'd bought it in the larger paperback edition, as at bedtime in lower light, with the smaller board book some of the illustrations can be harder to see
on 4 January 2018
This is one of our favourite Julia Donaldson stories.
A treasure that must be kept !
The illustrations are wonderful.
on 6 June 2018
Excellent story for my DGD aged 4 yrs. reading is her passion because of all the books she has had read to her since a baby.
on 28 November 2016
My daughter still loves this book (aged 5) having had it for a couple of years. This one was bought as a gift for a friend's daughter along with the new Zog book. Maybe not Julia Donaldson's best but certainly worth getting.
on 4 January 2018
The hardback version is very good, but the book isn't meant for anybody over 9. I got it for my dad ( In his late 50's ) because we named our dog after this book, he loved it :D I'd also like to have gift options as it was delivered to his house!
on 16 August 2017
Decent story to keep your little ones entertained. Not quite as big a hit as some of the more popular books by the same author, but it's still a winner. The illustrations are excellent and the story flows well.
on 10 May 2016
Any Julia Donaldson book is well with written, engaging, easy to read and suitable for all children. My 2 and a half year old enjoys this. Highly recommend.
on 22 January 2018
Absolutely love all of Julia Donaldson’s books. Some are tricky to grasp though with the rhyming aspect.