on 6 July 2013
Zoey is not what she seems. A young girl who is unruly likes partying, drinking and killing Sucabattis who make themselves look like humans and rape and kill young girls. Zoey has supernatural powers and with the help of the rest of her tam Team R she sets out to kioll all of these. Declan who is her sole match os a member of the Subbatties and feels that if he can control her he will make an alliance and carry on the carnage. In the mix of this book is a girl called Crissy a human who she has aved and feels that she needs to return the compleent. Also her bouyfriend Eric who has jsut proposed to her. This is a very good book and I am waiting for the next book which I hope will come out this year.
on 17 February 2014
4.5 stars.

Wow! I had a feeling this would be good but I had no idea how good.

I loved both Zoey and Declan and this only lost that half a star for the ending, which I know the author had to leave open for the series to continue but come on! I want to kick both their arses for being so stupid at the end.

Nevertheless I really enjoyed the story and I hope good with kick manipulative arse in the next book because I really like Zoey and Declan as a couple.
on 19 September 2017
I have read many a Lizzy Ford book and love her ability to imagine alternative worlds and beings. The characters have a lot of depth - one almost feels like you have spent time talking to them and getting to know them. The book also sets up the sequel really well while standing alone as a story! I devoured Zoey Avenger in a few hours after finishing this one.
on 16 September 2013
I've never read a Lizzy Ford book before, and was looking forward to starting a new series, sadly I'll never know what happens in the end...unless it's a freebie.

The relationship between Zoe & Declan wasn't plausible, three days? Really!!?, the sex scenes were poorly written, in fact I ended up skipping past them. From other reviews I understand this is the author's first foray into 'adult' fiction, probably best to stick to her usual style. She got 2 stars from me simply because I finished it, if I new it was a cliffhanger I wouldn't have bothered.
on 1 June 2013
I've read my fair share of books in this genre, and this is my favourite by far.
The characters are unique and interesting, just the right combination of believable (fantasy element notwithstanding!), flawed and yet worthy of empathy. The plot has page-turning pace and, like all good first books of a series should, ends on somewhat of a cliffhanger that makes the the reader eager to pick up the next instalment and see what happens next. The intimate scenes between the main protagonists are passionate but not exaggerated.
Overall, a refreshing change from the norm, and a series I will continue to read. Thumbs up, Lizzy Ford!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 August 2013
Quit at 20%. The concept was interesting but the execution of the story left me feeling confused about what 'sex magic' was. Too many character introduced early on, and so many rules in the two societies left me wondering who was doing what and why. I wasn't enjoying the book enough to continue reading.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2014
An unusual story but brilliantly told .. it was full of action and suspense. Romance and sex with magic. Gutted at the end with Declan's betrayal and I felt so sorry for Zoey. The writer did an amazing job as you were able to feel the emotions of all the characters.... Recommended......
on 16 September 2013
Was a bit nervous about this book at first but quickly got into it, couldn't put it down. Took me a little bit into the story to understand what some of the things they talking about was about, but don't get me wrong, it didn't take long.

Part of the problem the main character has about half way through the book was obvious why she was acting the way she was to the reader which annoyed me slightly but not enough to put the story down.

I know some people may moan about this story but I loved it and can't wait until the next one to become available. I read lots and would recomend this story :)
on 9 December 2014
Strong, sexy, sassy succubus. All of these things obviously result in another fantastic fast paced story that is filled with loveable, laughable and hateable characters.

Highly recommend. If for what ever reason you have never read a book by this author, then I really recommend you to check out her other books. She never fails to provide an escape into a fantasy world.
on 19 July 2013
I'm going to go crazy waiting for the next installation! The ending completely blew me away, I wanted to cry when my kindle said 99% finished. Such a good book, it kept me gripped the whole way through, it was well written and contained exactly what's needed for a great quality paranormal romance. Best I've read for a while, don't miss out!!!!!!!