Zend Framework: The Official Programmer's Reference Guide (Zend Press) Paperback – 14 Apr 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Businesses utilizing PHP know Zend as the place to go for PHP expertise and sound technology solutions. Zend's founders, Andi Gutmans and Zeev Suraski, are key contributors to PHP and the creators of the core PHP scripting engine, the Zend Engine. Because of their internationally recognized expertise, the company continues to provide important leadership for PHP and other open source communities, and plays a central role in the explosive growth of PHP.
Top Customer Reviews
For the price, it is reasonable for two volume.
But the book has no indexes makeing it difficult to find information.
The book has no diagrams to explain any topics. It will be helpful to the readers if some diagrams are included.
With no reference index (and the first four pages of the contents pages missing in my copy in both volumes), it can be quite difficult tracking down the information you really want (especially where the same headings keep appearing page after page after page in some sections - look out for Decorators in the Zend_Form chapter!).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. This is reference material, not a course in Zend Framework.
2. The content of these books is available for free online at the Zend Framework Programmer's Reference Guide ([...]). From the comparisons I've made, these books are verbatim copies of the online material including examples. The online version is free, searchable, and color-coded so I think I'll literally close the book on these.
The order was shipped on 17 April, and arrived today (in Australia), but there are the following faults found within the first 30 seconds of opening the book.
Table of Contents starts on page v and the first entry is for Results - Page 50, what happened to the Table of Contents entries for pages 1-49?
ditto, Table of Contents starts on page v and the first entry is for Results - Page 45, what happened to the Table of Contents entries for pages 1-44?
The last page in Volume 2 is page 636, yet the Table of Contents lists Appendix D on page 637, and an Index starting on page 639, where are these?
These errors (have not even had time to read it to find typos etc - I hate to think how many there will be!!!) make the product unfit for its intended use, namely a reference manual, and I am wondering how soon you can re-ship a working product?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications