Customer reviews

on 4 April 2008
I bought this 3-pack of 'day-glo colour' skins for my Creative Zen Stone so that I could clip the player to my pocket-less clothes. The skins are made of thin rubber so they expand sufficiently to slip over the Stone.

Each skin has a separate long plastic clip which slots into a pocket on the back of the rubber skin. (Whoever designed it clearly didn't compare it to the iPod Shuffle's clip mounting, since this one hangs in the opposite direction from one's belt/clothes. So switching from the iPod to the Stone I found I was replaying a track when I wanted to skip forward, and lowering the volume when I wanted to increase it. A small point but irritating.)

My complaints with these skins are twofold:
1. Although the plastic clip has small teeth, the plastic is too slippery and it slips off clothes too easily.

2. The plastic that holds the metal hinge in place is simply too fragile and breaks very easily. Within a month I'd managed to break two of the clips at the hinge section - yet I wasn't doing anything other than wearing it!

So now I'm left with 3 very nice rubber skins but only one clip - which I don't use because I'm terrified of breaking that one too! Only buy this pack if you want a cheap and colourful protective rubber skin for your Zen Stone - but forget it if you're after a long-lasting clip.
on 12 January 2011
Nice fitting covers. Only one of the will be getting used but having a few spares isnt anything to complain about. The clip seems better than the original you get with the Stone