on 2 July 2011
These filters look well made, fit perfectly and are supplied in a nice little case so they would appear to be a bargain when compared to more popular brands.

After a couple of months use though I am not so convinced about the coatings on the UV filter as I seem to get a lot more reflected glare across the lens than without it. Also I haven't noticed much difference in the images with or without the filter. It does offer cheap lens protection though.

The Polariser does work but it requires very precise rotational movements to achieve the desired reduction in reflections and it does not intensify blues and greens like the more expensive polarising filters do.

I have not used the fluorescent filter (Which is plastic not glass) as it is quicker to change the white balance in the camera settings or (if you shoot in RAW) to correct it when editing on the PC.

If you are on a tight budget these filters are worth a look but don't expect a massive difference in your images.
37 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 July 2013
Bought for use with Sony Cyber-shot HX300 Advanced High Zoom Bridge Camera (20MP, 50x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

This Bridge Camera has a 55mm thread and I bought this set because it was the cheapest way to buy a UV and Polarizing filter for this camera as the Sony ones are over £60 each. These filters work very well as long as you only use one at a time if you are going to use the wide angle setting otherwise you get vignetting (see photos I have uploaded) Single use of the UV filter to protect the lens or the polarizing filter does not give any vignetting at the widest setting.

These are Japanese made multi-coated filters and my tests so far have shown no image degradation or any extra lens flare in the sun. The polarizing filter seems to work as expected and this can be seen on blue skies. My uploaded sample photos have been reduced in size to meet amazon's size requirements but no other editing has taken place.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2012
I was sceptical about buying these 'unbranded' filters for my new Nikon D3100 but, after reading other reviews about them I decided to take the risk and buy them, as they are significantly cheaper than the 'big name' ones. Not only are they perfectly usable by the came in a mini case, that will protect them in my camera back. Contrast this will some Hoya filters also bought recently, that came in separate plastic cases, which although protecting the contents, did not travel well through the post and are rather clumsy to use. The filters themselves are OK but no better than the ones under review and pro rata they cost quite a bit more.

It's hard to get too excited about these minor camera accessories but a lot of thought has gone into how they are to be kept in pristine condition. All in all a great buy.
4 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 March 2013
I bought this kit primarily for the UV filter which I wanted to use as a lens protector. I cannot see me using the fluorescent filter much although it might be worth experimenting with. I wasn't expecting much of the CPL at this price point (I have some expensive screw-in CPL filters on other lenses and still have a twenty year old Cokin set which fit into a holder attached to the lens). Having checked the Zeikos CPL against the others it is difficult to see much difference. Perhaps I am cynical but the price of some brand-name camera accessories seems excessive and I suspect owes more to the branding than to differences in the quality of the product. I bought a lens hood recently for one of Canon lenses - its looks in every way identical to the Canon lens hood but at about a fifth of the price and I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same factory!

I am slightly bemused that the case which is supplied with the filters has a red felt lining - surely this is just going to mean cleaning the filters every time you use them? I've left the two filters which I haven't attached permanently to a lens in their plastic wraps. I won't be using the filters regularly so the extra fiddling when changing filter isn't going to be a problem.
One person found this helpful
on 9 August 2010
I needed a UV filter to protect the end of a new lens and a polariser for it's effect, especialy on skies. This little kit provided both at a very good price,and the filters appear well made too.I didn't think the filter for negating the green tint from flourescent lights would be much use to me, this is realy a leftover from film cameras, modern digital cameras with built in auto white balance can sort this for you. However after some experimentation I found it can create interesting colour effects. AND they all came in a neat little soft-lined carry case. Add to this prompt delivery and you have a real bargain.
15 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2013
These are well built filters that provide excellent protection for the end of the lens. They come with a small pouch/case to keep them in which is handy.

As for their 'filtering' qualities, I'm not so sure. I've taken several photos with the different filters on and there isn't too much difference in them.

But for £6 something for 3, you cannot go wrong.

I'm also using a Nikon D5100 and these fit the 18-55 kit lens (52mm).
7 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2011
These are the third set of filters purchased from Zeikos. As with previous purchases delivery was within three days of ordering - which I consider by todays general standard delivery as pretty good. They come in a leather case , lined and with three compartments which offers pretty good protection whilst in course of delivery and when carried in camera bags etc. They do the job required of them. There are more expensive filters on the market. Many with internationally known names. However at this price if they break they can easily be replaced without breaking the bank. In addition of course rather the filtes got destroyed than the lense of the camera. Having a number of cameras including a DSLR these are worth a purchase.
2 people found this helpful
on 7 October 2014
These fit the 46mm thread of the front element of most Panasonic Lumix bridge cameras.

With one on at all time to protect the lens from dirt, and a 28mm equivalent wide angle setting, I don't get vignetting on a Lumix FZ35/38 model. Also, the lens retracts back into its housing on switch-off without catching at all. Job done!

The fluorescent filter could be swapped for a ND filter however Mr Seller! We all have white balance systems for this, so this is the filter that will be straight into the back of the cupboard!
on 22 September 2010
This must be the cheapest circular polarising lens I have found. It seems to work fine and I get very acceptable results for a bargain basement price.

The flourescent filter is interesting. It blocks out some blue and lots of green, giving a mauve tint. I tried it on a sunset, by setting the camera white balance to cloudy and another shot on flourescent, got some interesting effects. I wouldn't have bothered buying this extra filter if it hadn't been bundled free.

However, I did some tests on the UV filter, fitted to a Sigma 18-125mm f3.8-5.6 OS HSM lens (a great lens) and I got some appalling reflections at some apertures (around f8 to f12 which is a good setting for getting things sharp).
So I threw the UV filter away.

Overall, I would buy this set again just for the CPL - you won't get acceptable results anywhere else at this price. It is undoubtably not the best piece of kit, but most other CPL are over £50.
8 people found this helpful
on 18 February 2013
I wanted a lens protector for my Panasonic 45-175 power zoom lens and was going to buy a single UV filter.
For the same money, with this set, I get a "free" polarising filter and a fluorescent light filter. They come in a hard leather case with soft separators for storage. Can't be bad.
Quality is not the very best (marked "Japan optics" but made in China...) but good enough.
Threaded both sides so you can stack filters if required, or fit the standard lens cap onto the filter when it is on the camera.
Not sure about the claims for specially coated glass, doesn't look coated at all to me.
Definitely good value for the money.