on 9 June 2013
I've had one of these on my bike for many years and recently bought one for my partner as she has taken up cycling to work. IMHO It's the ideal combination of duribility and ease of use. One minor comment/tip: the security of the mirror all hangs on the tight fitting of the expanding fitting inside the handlebar tube. What is not immediately obvious from the pictorial instructions is that you can choose to fit the collar (or not) depending on the internal diameter of your particular handlebars. It needs a secure fitting. Get it wrong and the mirror will drop off in the road (although it's not glass, so it won't shatter). Get it right and you'll have a dependable mirror on you bike for many years.
on 12 January 2012
Reasonable design and Zefal products have had good reviews, but this one let down by poor optics (bumpy mirror), poor fitting instructions, and certainly did not fit Ridgeback Element standard bars - had to resort to sanding down the expander plug to even get it in the end of the bar. Allen key needed to fit. Cateye mirror which this replaced had optically perfect mirror. Other than that, the Zefal performs reasonably well with a decent sized mirror covering the whole road behind, and is a whole lot safer than taking your eyes off the road to look behind. To my mind, a mirror is an essential piece of safety equipment.
on 12 October 2015
I have a damaged neck after a serious car crash and as a daily cyclist I have relied on mirrors for years to be able to keep riding in comfort and safety. The Dooback is by far the best mirror I have ever used. I've tried A LOT & continue to do so, when a new or different style comes out I will give it a go and see how it fairs, if its better, they'll get used. I'm not blindly loyal to the Dooback but as yet every other type I've tried has not been as good all round & been replaced in its favour.

The fitting and size of mirror is ideal for busy road riding and feeling safe and secure in what you can see at all hours of the day and throughout the night, the mirror surface gives a wide angle of vision to show a full road width (at the edges I can see the outside of my own leg and the rear of the vehicle who's nose I can see directly as it passes me) there are no blind spot or guesstimates about how far a vehicle is from you as can happen with other mirror types. It does not vibrate or wobble in use on even very poor road surfaces and on trails. The ratchet mechanism holds the mirror firmly in place and resists buffeting form whatever the weather can throw at you. The housing is solid and robust, having spent many years being leaned against cafe walls, in with other bikes in the shed and surviving a few falls and crashes while riding. I have never yet managed to break one and make it unusable. I own several and have them as standard on all of my straight bar bikes.
My only reason for changing them is after several years daily use the plastic surface of the mirror does become increasingly scratched, not nearly to a point that you can't use the mirror, but I am quite pernickety about things like this (my car windscreen is spotless and bug free too) I don't really consider +/-£10 every few years that big a deal to replace with brand new.

I highly recommend them with the one caveat about the bars they work on. They are most effective on straight or only slightly raked bars as the ratchet mechanism holds the mirror fixed in place and there is some but not huge adjustment for angled bars. For drops bars I recommend the Sprintech bar end mirrors and for dutch bike or full on moustache style bars I recommend a Zefal Spy

I rate these mirrors so much though that I have fitted straight bars to a moustached urban cruiser bike I have so that I could put a Dooback on it.
on 3 June 2015
Very good service from the supplier. This is a relatively large cycle mirror. Fixing it is very straightforward; it gives a good field of view and is very steady with no vibration other than that from the bike. Why it only got 3 stars is that the quality of the reflective surface is rather poor (it is rather 'bumpy'). I have different Zefal mirrors on my other bikes and the quality of the reflected image is very good but not in this case. Perhaps the manufacturer could explain why or, better still, improve it. If it had the reflective quality of my other Zefal mirrors I would have awarded 5 stars.
on 5 September 2015
I took a chance of ordering this mirror, going by other reviews and was very disappointed with the quality. It snapped as I was trying to fit it on the end of my handlebar which was very difficult to attach... Costly mistake.
on 29 August 2015
I have fitted two of these onto two bikes. Both are folding e-bikes and the right-hand grips are twist throttles. I cut off the grips flush with end of the handlebars. The mirrors do not interfere with the twist grips nor are they affected by them. The rear vision is good. The mirrors fold inwards and do not interfere with the folding operation of the bikes. The fact that they fit into the end of the handlebar leaves the the rest of the handlebar free for other clutter such as brakes, light, bell,gear change etc.
on 17 January 2016
Not sure why this is classed as large. It's smaller than my previous standard sized mirror. Arrived with a scratch on the "mirror" (more like mirrored plastic) and is not the best quality. It's adequateish.
on 6 June 2016
I wasted a lot of money on a variety of rear mirrors, but this is the ONLY decent, 'proper' one: compact, unbreakable etc. Strongly recommended. And by the way: it is illegal to drive a car/motorbike without rear mirror, all the more needed on a vulnerable bike - but no, I hardly ever see a biker with a rear-mirror. Incredible!
on 15 August 2016
Took a chance on this and thought it might be a gimmick but only used on one bike ride and already cant live without it!

My routes do involve a lot of roads and i already feel safer pulling out and going onto roundabouts. Fitted easily so unless you have no hands its a dawdle!
on 19 September 2014
Easily fitted and adjusted, big enough to give a decent view of traffic approaching, makes it much safer when trying to make a right turn as you don't have to keep looking behind you which with UK roads is a danger in itself!
All my bikes have this or the slimmer model...