on 2 June 2006
When I saw the film I thought wait a minute, this is just like Jumanji albeit on a much smaller budget and without a big Hollywood name. So it all made sense when I read that this film was based on a book by the same author.

If you haven't seen Jumanji then this film is worth watching. Otherwise don't waste your money coz its more of the same but without the expensive special effects.
on 22 October 2010
I remember when Jumanji made the big screens.. large cues and excellent reviews. Seeing the film after many years realy again put a smile on the face.. its fab and entertaining. Even for the youngsters of today that ofcourse did not see it on the big screen... its an adventure they will enjoy.
Zathura is in the same base line and also entertaining, the difference is that its in space and different actors.
on 29 January 2013
Bought this for my children having watched the end of Jumanji during the Christmas holidays. Thought the box set of both films would be good value!!! How right I was surprisingly!!! we have watched both several times and has even kept a group of ten, 8 to 12 year old boys and girls, entertained one wet Saturday! Zathura was not a film I was aware of until I started looking for Jumanji but having watched it, found it most entertaining. Similar story line but set in space, so again, very much appeals to boys of a certain age!! Nice twist at the end of the story and a good lesson for siblings to learn. Would very much recommend, good family entertainment and hasn't really dated much since first relased, although that may be because the films have a retro feel to them anyway now very popular.
on 9 November 2009
Our family enjoys this film - we watch it every few months and all enjoy it from the youngest of our 4 boys who is 6 to the oldest (me - no age given!) It's not to taxing, has the right amount of action and isn't too 'disney style' preachy.
on 14 August 2011
bought the boxset because my 10 yr old grandson and I had seen Zathura on tv...great for sharing on a damp holiday afternoon, and good for a 'lesson' on sibling rivalry!
on 4 January 2012
Item was received very quickly and well packaged. They are both my families favourite films and were a loved present
on 29 June 2012
2 great films interesting intriguing not the kinds of films you say oh its 1 hour 45 minutes through i will remember that and finnish it tomorrow night if you havent seen these films you are seriously missing out i bought them for my grandad and step nan they loved it my other nan and grandad do my other real nan does my parents do my brother does buy it now
on 5 May 2013
Watched this film on TV and thought it was an excellent choice for present for my Grandson
have no doubt he will love it as much if not more than I did
on 15 March 2015
I watched these films when I was a kid so I bought them for my granddaughter to watch with me. Excellent value for money and she absolutely loved them both
on 1 November 2011
That is a good DVD,and the movies are
to good,Jumanji movie is ameging, but
Zathura not that Mach,it's good to bye
Thanks.