Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jan 2008, 18:43:30 GMT
S. Ruck says:
Zack and Wiki is a new game being developed exclusively for the Nintendo Wii by Capcom and set to launch in Europe on January 18th 2008. Despite the high praise Zack and Wiki has recieved from leading reviews such as IGN (9/10), Gamespot (8.5/10), 1UP (9/10), Official Nintendo Magaine (9.4/10) and Nintendo Power (9/10), it has failed to sell as well as low mediocre movie titles such as Transformers. To date Zack and Wiki has sold 35,000 copies in America and Japan, which as you are all aware is a very low figure. Why isn't this game selling? The Wii is calling out for new IP's and now we've got one, why is no-one buying it? Anyone care to shed some light on the matter?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2008, 23:53:57 GMT
punker2k says:
Because Capcom haven't bothered to advertise it and the new casual gamers supporting the Wii therefore aren't aware of it.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2008, 20:37:41 GMT
R. Edmonds says:
Well, it seems to be selling OK. It's in the Top Ten already. You're right though, the future of the Wii and third-party development depends on its success. Trouble is, the majority of people who buy the Wii are only interested in the more obvious Touch Generation games...

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jan 2008, 16:48:28 GMT
Gary Hilton says:
Surely the reason it's failing to sell is far simpler - after being starved of any decent titles since launch, suddenly in the run up to Christmas we've had several "must have" titles like; Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Mario Party 8, Metroid Prime 3, etc etc. Isn't it just a question that everyone is either skint or simply can't justify buying any more whilst they're still playing their new ones they got for Christmas?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2008, 10:12:05 GMT
If that was the case, it would still be at the top of the sales charts, but is still being outsold by far less worthy titles. I think Nintendo need to do more to support third party content for the Wii, not just their own, and educate casual gamers on what else there is beyong the likes of Wii Sports.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jan 2008, 21:00:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jan 2008, 21:01:46 GMT
C. BALFOUR says:
I haven't got this game yet but will be getting it as soon as I can due to the great reviews. In response to this question about sales, I first heard about this from my 6 year old daughter who sees it advertised every Saturday morning around 9.00 on ITV. I didn't know what it was at first as she was the only person who saw the ad and it didn't help that she was calling it "Farmer Ogees Treasure"! She hadn't heard the Zack and Wiki bit and was mis-hearing the Barbaros' Treasure bit! Anyway, my main point is just to say that if they are advertising at this time then they must be targeting kids. Most of the reviews say that it seems to be quite challenging so does anyone here think it's a kids game or adult?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2008, 17:46:41 GMT
zack & wiki is age 7+, so your 6 year old is too young, and the puzzles would be too complicated for youngsters.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2008, 14:14:42 GMT
Bob says:
Because it is out of stock

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2008, 12:56:17 BST
vervester says:
why has this game become unavailable again?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008, 23:32:56 BST
Arway says:
It's unavailable now, as I type. Such a shame.

At least it'll more than likely be available through outside retailers on the marketplace - and second hand. :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  1 Jan 2008
Latest post:  16 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about