on 3 April 2008
Ralston's approach to martial arts has always been unique in that it transcends form, style, and tradition. Perhaps it is no coincidence how "Zen Body Being" parallels the life of the world champion martial artist himself, in that it transends martial arts too. Like Ralston's other works this book is very articulate; however, it contrasts the classic "Principles of Effortless Power" in that it is a much easier read. I could see this book as one day being a Bible for professional athletes and of all kinds- even coaches- who want to look deeper into their art.
on 18 March 2014
Amazing book! Must read if you want to take any fitness to another level! Many excercise to use in every day life as well.
on 9 November 2006
Otherwise known as... 'A Guided Investigation into the Overlooked Obvious'

This book is one of those masterpieces that may not gather widespread reknown, it is a book which can be easily discounted by those who never look beyond their own perceptions of 'the way it is' and hold onto fixed dogma and beliefs.

It is shame for those who do not stop to look beyond, to smell the roses or the fragrance of the garden plums. For those who wish to delve a little deeper, here is a masterwork by a master.

Zen Body Being is a book that I know for sure I will read over and over for the rest of my life, maybe that just sounds like a cliche... But since I will be a body for the rest of my life, an investigation into what it means to be a body seems both crucial and enlightening.

From owning and having read Peter Ralston's other books I can say that this is the easiest to read, but it is by no means a guide only for the uninitiated. In fact Peter conveys simply the truth about Being and being a Body. For this it is useful to either be a beginner or have the mindset of a beginner.

I know of no other book or work like Peter's, true there are other approachs and none have a monopoly on truth, But Peter Ralston has the ability to cut through the veils we place upon our own eyes and guides us to make our own way towards experiencing what is rather than what we believe to be. There are many books on Zen, the internal martial arts, or Body conditioning, but nothing like this.

Zen Body Being may be a first step for some, or a return to the beginning for others. If you get chance to train with Peter in Wales, Holland or elsewhere do not miss the opportunity!
on 28 June 2014
As always, Peter Ralston's book contains deep and useful information. You need to be wide awake to take this all in!