Customer reviews

ZAGG Folio Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard  for iPad Air - Black (UK)
Colour: Black|Style: iPad Air|Change

on 29 December 2015
I have mixed feelings about this case, both positive and negative. I'd say overall the positives outweigh the negatives- but I'd check if there were a newer model available from ZAGG which might have a few of the limited issues ironed out.

Pros:
- Despite the weight of the iPad, it actually stands balanced fairly well. Makes it look like a miniature laptop, fairly slim profile- which was really what I was searching for.
- The layout of the keyboard is pretty usable- despite the challenging area of space. It takes a bit of getting used to especially if you're used to using a Macbook/iMac keyboard but works fine.
- The bluetooth connection allows for a very easy set-up, it syncs easily.
- I absolutely love the back-lit keyboard, this feature although small makes a huge difference- you can even change the backlight colour, fantastic. However, I'd say that the actual glyphs, numerals and symbols on the keys don't allow enough light through them making it less functional to use in the dark.
- Makes the iPad great for web surfing, instant messaging and composing emails.
- WHEN the iPad fits into the case securely (see con below) the camera, volume, lock and standby buttons line up perfectly with the case.
- The outer textured leather grips nicely to work surfaces and is pleasant to hold.
- The hinge is nice and strong and maintains the desired angle well.

Cons:
- I have personally found that my iPad Mini has continual problems fitting into the back of the plastic case. I found myself confused with how it actually locks in place and there is some kind of 'sticky' contact on the back which to me makes the case feel a bit less premium and present a problem with longevity. I have found that the iPad has unfastened itself from the case a few times which is a bit frustrating. This disappointingly was the only feature that I have any major issues with... not having a secure/reliable grip makes it action as a case rather dysfunctional.

- The battery life is relatively short, I also found that the cable to charge it was a bit too short and not very good quality (this however is only a very minor problem). I reckon some kind of stand-by mode would be a great a feature if an improvement were to be made- it's very easy to forget to turn it off.

Neutral:
- I find the screen rotation doesn't quite work well and hold horizontally and occasionally moves intermittently. This problem could well be nothing to do with the case, (I'm sure there's a way of locking screen rotation horizontally)- It'd be cool if there was some kind of automatic driver/feature that lowers the screen rotation sensitivity so that it doesn't switch to portrait orientation when adjusting the hinge angle.
on 18 July 2014
I'm delighted with the Zagg keyboard having used it for the past year. This is my second Zagg kboard - the first was damaged (my fault) but replaced by Zagg. Customer service was excellent- proactive & efficient.
The product is a joy to use with my ipad, particularly since I loaded office 365 app. This combo def narrows the gap between tablet and laptop. The quality of its design & manufacture is so good that it well matches Apple's high standards and offer the user a powerful mobile business tool in what is effectively a single (seamlessly integrated) device. Keyboard action is precise and not unduly compromised by its smaller size (even with my big paws). It is well designed and manufacture quality is to a pretty high standard. and it works hand in glove with the ipad, as . The Zagg holds its battery charge so well that with a mains charge at 6/7 week intervals, I've never been let down.
One note of caution; laptop users frequently walk around the office with the machine's screen open, while gripping its base with one hand (not recommended but then neither are cigs). As the base of the device is the lighter element of the combo, swinging it about by the keyboard is a def no-no. If you must move it with the screen open it's preferable to have one or both hands underneath supporting it.
All in all, the Zagg significantly enhances functionality of the ipad and increases the potential benefits for purchasers.
Although I buy lots of gear online, this is one of few reviews I've written, as I want to let folk know about this excellent company.
JC
on 28 October 2017
Packaging is amazing, product is cheap plastic tat. Don’t wast your money, much nicer ones on the market
on 27 April 2017
Had this keypad before and excellent.
on 30 April 2017
Unfortunately had to return this. Previously had a ZAGG case which was very high quality. So disappointed when this arrived. Sorry.
on 5 February 2016
This kept dropping the bluetooth and then stopped working at all so I sent it back for a refund.
on 10 July 2017
It seems really great, but I really can't say cause it doesnt fit for my Ipad Air... my bad.
on 18 October 2017
Extremely fast delivery to Ireland - ordered Wednesday, received Saturday! Love the product. Almost half the price of Harvey Norman also. Whats not to love!?
on 11 August 2014
Perfect accessory. Cannot fault it.
on 8 February 2014
I would have liked this very expensive keyboard to be able to lie completely flat. It cannot go beyond about 120 - 130 degrees but as it's very top heavy it's best used at right angles. It does sit very nicely at angles upto a maximum of 90 degrees. Another annoyance is that the ipad side which clips into the Zagg case becomes much heavier than the keyboard bit of the package. So much so that on a couple of occasions it has almost fallen off my lap; fortunately I was able to catch my ipad in time. So I have had to get used to placing it securely and being careful it doesn't fall off due to its excessive one sided weight. That's been quite disappointing. So all of this means I find it a bit difficult to use my ipad while standing, lying down, on my lap, etc. But when used like an ordinary laptop on a table it works superbly. Also the fact that the keyboard lights up is very useful. So I have given 3 stars becuase of all the disappointments! It's slightly taken away the pleasure of being able to use the ipad as it is meant to be used! I've been using the Zagg keyboard for a few weeks now. Maybe get used to it better - in time.