- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Contemporary (1 July 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071395997
- ISBN-13: 978-0071395991
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 0.6 x 27.2 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,488,009 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Your First 100 Words in French: French for Total Beginners (Your First 100 Words In!Series) Paperback – 1 Jul 2002
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
An all-in-one resource to help you read, speak, and learn your first 100 words in French
This beginner's quick and easy guide is specifically designed to help you overcome one of the major obstacles to learning French: the intimidation of foreign words and difficulty in memorizing them. Whether you're learning on your own or in a class, Your First 100 Words in French will help you learn French in the same effective way that children first learn to speak their own language.
Your First 100 Words in French includes:
- A pronunciation guide that describes the sounds of French
- Eight topic chapters that group the words by theme: Around the Home * Clothes * Around Town * Countryside * Opposites * Animals * Parts of the Body * Useful Expressions
- An English definition, pronunciation, and illustration for each of the 100 words
- Tear-out flash cards to help you recognize the French words and learn their meaning and pronunciation
- Extensive games and puzzles to test your ability to read, pronounce, and understand the words in each chapter
- A round-up chapter and answer key so you can review all 100 words
This practical activity book not only gives you a great start to learning French with 100 key words but also provides helpful ways to expand your reading vocabulary.
About the Author
Jane Wightwick is an experienced author and product developer in the field of foreign languages.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
It contains games and puzzles like matching games, find the hidden objects, search a word, label the picture, etc. and tear-out flashcards to memorize the words. In the beginning, it has a pronunciation guide describing the sounds of French and of course it contains the answer key to check your progress.
Vocabulary doesn't need to be a pain anymore with this book! (What a pity that they haven't published something similar for intermediate vocabulary!)