on 20 May 2017
I am finding this book extremely uplifting, and it is assisting me by slowly drawing me back to God after years of absence. I feel much calmer and more serene - thank you.
on 6 May 2014
Incredible book. I love Joel Osteen and instead of brow beating folks her preaches the word of God from a loving place and with so much positivity. I definitely would recommend this book.
on 24 May 2010
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE LAKEWOOD CHURCH IN HOUSTON TEXAS, OVER 42,000 MEMBERS, AND EACH BOOK RELEASED IS EXCEPTIONAL. OUR PASTOR HAS "TURNED THE LIGHT ON" ABOUT HOW GOD WORKS IN OUR LIVES, WE HAVE BEEN IN HOUSTON 30 YEARS AND COME BACK TO THE UK FOR THE SUMMER. I BRING JOEL'S BOOKS FOR FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY THOSE IN CRISES. ALL HAVE BEEN HELPED AFTER READING THIS BOOK.
ONCE WE UNDERSTAND GOD'S PLAN FOR US, WE CAN GIVE IT ALL UP TO HIM TO FIX ALL SITUATIONS IN OUR LIVES, AND THIS YOUNG MAN EXPLAINS IN WORDS WE CAN ALL UNDERSTAND. NO BIBLE THUMPING, HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, JUST PLAIN LANGUAGE WE CAN ALL ENJOY. AND HE'S A VERY GENTLE MAN WITH A GREAT GIFT, I URGE YOU TO GO HEAR HIM IF HE COMES TO YOUR PART OF THE UK. IF NOT READ THE BOOK.
on 22 August 2009
A very uplifting book.It reinforces one's faith and reminds us how wonderful god is, if we trust in him.
on 1 February 2009
this book is very inspiring and makes for a good, though sonmetimes brief daily devotional.i would recommend it to friends with a common interest.
on 30 May 2013
I enjoyed this (and still am) as it is a daily "devotional" it helps to connect to Spirit and Joel is so down to earth,. I love his talks/sermons and wished that some of our dear Vicars, Priests, Pastors could enthuse like this and I am sure they would get more attendees to their Churches. Joel makes sense of some of the more deeper meanings of the Bible; and this little daily inspirational book makes you feel and know that God, Jesus and Holy Spirit are definitely all on your side and all you have to do is to feel and show some gratitude for your life, and to know that you are not alone in challenges that life puts before you - there IS a reason for everything, but you will not necessarily know and understand why certain things happen, but to continue in faith through the good and the bad; you remain His child always.
Well that's how I see it anyway. Faith is Faith, and nobody will make you have this, it is there for everyone, you still have your choices. You choose! Remember to listen to the small voice within, it is that small voice you should follow.
I hope this helps you tooo!
May your journeys be safe and fruitful.
Blessings
Zigibins
on 17 June 2011
Joel Osteen's 'Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every New Day of the Year' daily devotions made me realise how to approach every new day. I feel like I'm rising above obstacles, living in health and victory. 100% recommended for all people who are concerned about their future, career or faith. For me - the best choice ever.
on 5 March 2012
I found out about this book from someone I follow on Twitter.At first I wasn't expecting much but initially bought it for my daughter.Later on I was going through a rough time and I decided to go through the pages.God,it helped me so much and still does,I feel like every page is talking to me!Such a great book to lift your spirit and it really gives you hope!
on 29 January 2016
For me it is almost as though everyday in January was written for me. Joel Osteen has a way with words that make you feel included and like he's talking directly to you. I look forward to the rest of the year just to see what advise he has to help me along the way.
on 14 April 2014
Short, daily readings that are not intrusive on a busy lifestyle but delivers encouragement and a focus on Gods desire to provide for us to help us get through the day. If you find a better way to start the day, let me know