on 19 January 2002
This book is a very interesting read for all Gti owners and lovers alike. I have owned each and every Golf Gti therefore the book is my utopia . I would recommend this book over all others as it reveals the history of this perfect car and the problems the workers at Wolfburg had in producing such a car through difficult times. Buy this, I guarantee you won't be dissapointed - great book!
on 9 April 2005
As part of my research for Golf GTI's, I bought this book hoping it would give a detailed history of the Mk1 which was specifically what I was looking for. The book gives a history of all Golf GTIs, including the ltd editions but is a bit heavy in the modified section which didnt really interest me. If you are looking for a general history on all GTIs then its ok, but if you are looking for specific info about the mk1 (as I was) then this may not be the one for you. Its ok, but theres only a few pages of info on the mk1.
on 19 January 2002
This book is fantastic, for all lovers of the extra special Gti, the one and only, this is perfect. It goes into great lengths to explain the diferent cars and the faults with some of the cars, ie the fat Mk III, leading right up to the lucious Mk IV where they seem to be hitting the nail on the head. The book is very informative and well researched. A worthwhile buy for any Golf fanatic. I really enjoyed it!