Customer reviews

You Can't Take It With You [DVD] [2003]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 June 2017
A great, old time film which left me wishing that the world really could be that way. A film full of wonderful characters and 'real' acting. Can't wait to watch it again.
on 17 August 2017
Of course I would rate this as excellent as I love James Stewart and have done since I was a child so no matter what he is in it is good in my books.
on 27 August 2017
Very happy with my purchase
on 8 October 2017
Good
on 20 July 2017
What a belly laugh
on 4 January 2010
When people think of Frank Capra the film that normally pops into their head is "It's a Wonderful Life". Capra however made many wonderful films and none better than this made during his most productive period.
You Can't Take it With You gained Capra his third and final Oscar as best Director. It's a Wonderful Life made eight years later gained him a nomination but he lost out to William Wyler for "The Best Years of Our Lives".
You Can't Take it With You is funny, touching, beautifully acted by a sumptuous ensemble cast and above all it espouses the sort of values that many of us wish we could live by but rarely do. It's a film that transcends the ages, I watched it recently with my elderly parents, aged 85 & 87 and my grandson, aged 13. We all laughed, cried and enjoyed every minute of it. If you get an opportunity then see this film, it will leave you feeling that the world isn't such a bad place after all.
11 Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2010
This a love story under the cover of a very subtle comedy that became a must in the years it was produced and still remains so.
Very pleasant to revisit, as I have done now. The man who made things became a symbol of innocent creativity.