- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: The Friday Project; Stk edition (25 Nov. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0007362188
- ISBN-13: 978-0007362189
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.8 x 29.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,167,736 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
You Can Stick It Paperback – 25 Nov 2010
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
P.K Munroe is the pseudonym of a man who would really rather you didn’t know who he was
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is a mixture of excellent sticker ideas, and some which are a bit lame.
Overall I think that about 70% of the content is potentially great fun, the other 30% a bit of a waste of time.
I particularly like the stickers that are intended to resemble those typically found in real life upon DVDs, books and packaged foods. The sticker "Caution- may feature actors from Friends" alone merits a mischievous trip to HMV. Also, that which displays "not suitable for adults" is positively crying out for a place on any Harry Potter book of your choosing. Particularly impressive is the marvellous array of stickers for use on public transport (specifically styled upon the look of underground signs, I believe, but still perfectly suitable for use outside of London). "Please sit up straight", "Be wary of other passengers", "No shaving" and "We apologise for your journey today" are just a few of the gems that are set out in (seemingly) authentically officious type-face.
So, while the contents are more than humorous enough for a flick through to be provisive (not technically a word, as I just learned from the dictionary, but I think I'll "stick" with it) of entertainment, far better to use them for some proper acts of subversion. Okay, it may not bring down the capitalist machine outright (nor even necessarily the government). However, you can have plenty of fun spreading them around and taking photographs (which will no doubt find their way onto Facebook). Just be careful that you don't get caught, or you may find yourself to be in a rather "sticky" situation- in more ways than one!
PS Does anyone know, if this is the same guy I read about in the paper who created the subversive Boris' bikes stickers, having a dig at Barclays Bank who sponser the cycling scheme in London ('Barclays take you for a ride' and 'Barclays Bonus Shakers')?
Many of them are amusing and some are very funny! :)
Total bargain pressie - and at this price you don't really need Xmas or a birthday to justify it!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?