on 4 September 2007
This mat helps to reduce the pressure on your back so it makes working out very comfortable! It is also great because its size caters for tall people-just like me. It can also be used outdoors because it is very comfortable to relax on too!!
on 30 April 2008
This is the best exercise mat I have owed so far.
I have found it to be very comfy due to the thickness of the padding.
Has two way fold in it so it folds into three for easy storage, 2 useful handles on the sides for picking it up and unexpectedly came with a poster giving some exercise suggestions.
on 13 June 2008
Super thick padding for comfortable exercise. As I had taken note of the dimensions before purchase, I knew what to expect. For the price it is excellent value and hopfully will give years of use.
on 29 November 2013
I bought this mat for my 7 year old daughter as she is gymnastics on the brain and im fed up with my sofa cushions lying all over the floor. Really pleased with it! its thick enough to cushion any fall she might have and the fact that you can fold it up when you're finished with it is just fab. Great buy!
on 28 March 2009
I use this for pilates exercises and it is very satisfactory. I would not recommend it for yoga because the surface is too slippery.
on 4 May 2009
Good mat, good price, nice length. Quite deep too but the problem is that it may be thick but it has no support in it. After doing the usual abdominal exercises it eventually became rather flat and not supportive at all for the lower back. Great mat overall I just wish the foam inside was a bit more dense!
on 12 April 2010
The padding is far too soft for me and provides nothing like as much cushioning as you would expect/hope from the picture. The middle of the three panels sees the most action and, after just a few weeks of use, is devoid of any rigidity/cushioning it might once have had. To put all of this into context, I weigh 75kg so not a weight issue. Just bad design/cheap materials (...the mat, not me).
on 9 September 2009
Liked the price of this mat. My daughter goes to a local gymnastics club and loves doing cartwheels, so she decided to buy this mat with her birthday money.
Arrived very quickly, excellent service. She was chuffed to bits when it arrived and uses it every day, having perfected her cartwheels. Fold up for easy storage beside the sofa in the lounge. The only down thing is that unfortunatly about 3 weeks after using the mat, the stitching from one edge has now burst ant the foam is popping out>
I bought this mat in argos about 3 years ago after my old exercise mat had split around the edges. This mat folds rather than rolls up and has carry handles so you can move it from room to room. Folded already has a plus for me as I hated that my old mat would always curl and roll at one end. The quality of the foam you lie on is quite thick compared to some exercise mats and you do get a decent thcckness between you and the floor. It is also quite long too, plenty of yoga mats and exercise mats are very short, barely long enough for me to like on (I'm not tall) but this mat leaves me plenty of space to do all the exercises I do, from yoga, sit-ups, press-ups ,etc.

The mat is parted into 3 pieces each filled with a thick foam. Not a dense foam, you will still feel the floor if you sit on it, but certainly more comfortable than being on the floor.
BUT...
The 3 sections, while a great idea I have noticed something happening to my mat as I use it. Somebody here has already left a picture showing this. The more I use the mat, the more wear and tear there is at the seams. This is because as you use the mat you obviously push against it in certain areas, stretching and putting tension on it. While a regular exercise mat made of one continual piece could survive this, this mat has seams at every fold and doesn't. The mat is made of a shiny, wipe clean surface which feels good to exercise on, but because there is no such stretch with this material it eventually breaks.

Having said the bad points though, there is no reason you can't keep using the mat if the seam splits. nothing has happened to the foam inside and this sort of material (plastic, shiny, wipe clean) always seems to break over time - that's how I lost my old mat.

I'd still recommend this mat to anyone who wants to do some exercise, whatever type. It's still far more comfortable than a lot of mats out there, and the fact it folds makes it easy to flatten on the ground and fold away, and of course it's great if you are taller too.
on 3 March 2010
Mat is as described and arrived promptly. However while the mat is 5cm thick the foam so soft and light that when you lie or sit on it you sink to the floor. It's a bit like trying to do sit-ups on a bed. Would not recommend or bye again.